“Good sushi in Japantown San Francisco”

Kippu Japanese Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #434 of 6,497 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Japantown
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Very nice place with friendly service. A nice gesture in the beginning was that miso soup and salad were served on a house. We ordered 10 different special and regular rolls and all were pretty tasty.
There are a few more choices around but you can't go wrong with this one.

1  Thank Krzys t
Write a reviewReviews (154)

Reviewed August 28, 2017

My wife and I went here for the first time on 8/26/17. The service was excellent. They do offer a full bar. My wife had one of their specialty drinks and enjoyed it. I had a Sapporo. They started us out with a bowl of miso soup that is very good. Then a small salad for each of us. The salad was good too. We ordered a couple of sushi rolls. I think one was called the salmon lovers roll. It was delicious. The other one, I can't remember the name, was also very good.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

We had a delightful and delicious lunch of Bento Boxes for a very reasonable price while in Japan Town. The wait staff were very efficient and accommodated that we three only wanted two lunches. It was plenty to share and the variety was nice.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

The Toro and Soft Shelled Crab were excellent. The roll was OK and the Chicken Karage was just OK. (My bad for ordering 2 deep fried items)

Like most restaurants in SF, the staff is very nice and efficient, but they make it clear that you need to leave as soon as you are done so more customers can come in. This was a good restaurant, but I wish I would have gone into the West Mall 75' away to try some of the restaurants there.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Walk over to Japantown and found this gem. Everything was perfect, sushi, teriyaki, gyoza. Service was phenomenal, you can tell that the staff is really dedicated to this place. Decor was beautiful, small place with lots of character and friendly staff. All sushi rolls were amazing. The fire dragon one came on fire, literally! An awesome surprise as we closed our visit to SF for the marathon.

Date of visit: July 2017