“A Great West Portal Addition”

Trattoria Da Vittorio
Ranked #674 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A wonderful and authentic Italian restaurant. We started with Caesar salads which is large enough to share. Our friends each had a pizza which they said were very good. I had the lasagna which ranks up there as one of the best. Service was great. We will for sure return next time we visit SF

Reviewed August 29, 2013

i'm italian as the owner of the restaurant/trattoria.
Vittorio, the owner, is very kind and friendly. The restaurant design and furniture are really as the italian style.
At Vittorio you can test a lot of italian dishes as well as the pizza which is really really good!
It is made in the classic italian oven!
Try the BRESAOLA,PROSCIUTTO CRUDO,MOZZARELLA DI BUFALA,GNOCCHI and of course HAVE A TEST OF THE PIZZA!

I would go back there definitly again!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The pizza is thin-crust and comes out with a smoky flavor. Enough said! They favor good, seasonal, local ingredients - for example, heirloom tomatoes now - and fresh mozzarella. They serve salted caramel gelato with olive oil, and it tastes so good! They are very friendly. How friendly? Southern Italian friendly... and generous with the mimosas and tiramisu!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Along with my father, who like the owner is from Calabria (way down south in Italy), I visited this new restaurant. Our meals were terrific, and I especially liked the eggplant parmigiana. It was the best I have ever had. Service was friendly and efficient. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Trattoria da Vittorio recently opened in the West Portal neighborhood of San Francisco. Having walked by the location during the months it was being remodeled, was anxious to try out this new restaurant. The lunchtime and dinner times seemed very busy with people waiting outside, but everyone in a great mood waiting for their seats.

When we arrived, I thought we were going to have to wait, but we were able to sit at the counter (best place in the house, I think) where you can watch them make the pizza and cook in the brick oven. The staff is very nice and personable. The food was extraordinarily good. We shared the Salad Mista then my husband had the Seafood Risotto while I had the Lasagna and our son only wanted pasta with white sauce. We were treated with a complimentary appetizer of some type of special naan-type bread (yummy!) then as our meal ended, we were surprised by a complimentary slice of the Tiramisu (outstanding!). Oh yes, the wine list was great.

The restaurant was busy, busy, but the staff and hostess handled it very well. Can't wait for a warm afternoon or evening to enjoy our meal at one of the two outside tables. The other Italian restaurant on the block needs to now "step up their game"!

Before we left, owner Vittorio stopped by. He is so nice and friendly. Welcome to the neighborhood Vittorio!

We will be back!