“Great wine bar”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to get a quick snack and a glass of wine when we were out sightseeing. Eno was perfect for what we wanted. Our waitress was wonderful and stopped by to talk with us several times. She even gave us tips about how to get around without having to climb the hills. The wine and cheese flights were perfect for us - I enjoyed the bubbly flight and it went very well with the suggested cheeses.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I'm in town for business, just staying at a hotel around the corner so I was looking for something low key that I wouldn't feel awkward about going by myself. This fit the bill perfectly. There were two other women in there enjoying wine and a snack solo as well. There were not a lot of food options since I was kind of looking to treat it as dinner, but the duck confit sandwich was enough to make me feel like I had eaten a real dinner and it came with a little mixed green salad on the side. I enjoyed a "local" flight with wines from CA, OR and WA. I don't fancy myself a big wine snob, I only know what I like, but the staff sounded knowledgeable and honest. I heard one waiter stressing how "funky" the wine she had ordered was, just to be sure that she understood what she was getting. I interactions with several of the waitstaff, all of whom were very friendly, not snobby at all. Great little date spot or intimate place with a couple friends, or even flying solo.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

just the right place to hang out after a long day. loungy sound, very good choice of wines and some good cheeses. - and I am Swiss! :)

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review while sitting in Eno. It was so perfect for us tonight & what we were looking for!

Riley was our server & introduced us to his family's vineyard & wine from St Helena and their Merlot. It was so yummy!

We also wanted some light food but good quality too. The arugula salad was fantastic. Also the grilled cheese that had tomatoes. I normally don't order such an indulgence but it was worth it!!

Ambiance.....great!........Service.....great!.....light food .....great!....wine.....wonderful!!!

If that's what you are looking for you won't go wrong!

1  Thank Deanne B
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We visited on Halloween so it was a little quiet. They have lots of wine choices with good help selecting your wine. Also good light food pairings. We loved the chocolate flights at the end.