“Hidden gem off Union Sq.”
Review of Eno Wine Bar

Eno Wine Bar
Ranked #167 of 5,769 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My friends and I found this wine bar in our last hours in San Fran. We had some time to kill before heading to the airport and stopped for a drink to get out of the rain. One drink turned into 10 and we ended up spending several hours here after our flights were delayed. The owners and servers here were awesome and very knowledgable about the wine and food they were serving. The menu is accessible to amateur and expert wine drinkers alike and contains clever but accurate descriptions of each kind of wine being served. The wine flights were fabulous and a great value! The food was also excellent here. Try the grilled cheese or as a snack, some cheese and charcuterie. Eno has comfortable but hip decor and we chose a table right in front of their gas fireplace. Although it is located right off Union Sq., the clientele is not tourists; we were happy to see several tables of locals come in after work.

There are newer reviews for Eno Wine Bar

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Eno twice on our 4 day trip to San Francisco as part of our honeymoon. Both times my husband and I tried different flights of wine. We had the same server on both visits, Alex was brilliant, friendly approachable and knowledgable about the wines that we had chosen. I was pleasantly surprised to try a sparkling Riesling that was dry! Would highly recommend stopping by and trying something new.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My friend and I stopped in here to have a "glass" of wine before heading out to dinner. I had a rose flight. I love rose but it's hard to find good crisp rose that isn't sweet! They nailed it!! Each one was slightly different but all were very cold, bubbly and a real treat to drink. We didn't eat any food but I was envious of the cheese and bread being consumed at the table next to ours. The ambience is great too. Not pretensious....just relaxed and a good spot for a glass or three of vino at a decent price!!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went here with a few friends in the late afternoon. They have a fireplace and the staff is uber-friendly and welcoming. The wine flights are fun and almost educational. Had grilled cheese and one of the charcuterie plates. We had a really relaxing time, not too noisy but mellow place to hang out and learn more about wine and cheese tasting.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I would definitely go here again. The staff knew what they were talking about and offered some pretty unusual wines and pretty good prices for the area. I didn't eat anything so I don't know how the food is....but the wine flights were good and the decor was awesome.