“Pricey, but the tapas and drinks are awesome!”
Review of Coqueta

Coqueta
Reserve with OpenTable
Coqueta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Pricey, but the tapas and drinks are awesome!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

They have hands down the best gin and tonics I've ever tasted. Best!!! If I could handle my gin better, I'd have had twice what I did have. And food is amazing for the most part. Loved the spin on traditional tapas like patatas bravas, croquetas, and padron peppers. And there was a tomato/manchego salad that I could eat every day. the only miss was the short ribs. I was so excited when they arrived because they looked awesome, but the there was something off about the flavor a little - like it had too much citrus or something...minor details. This place still rocks. And the location, previously Lafitte (sorry to see you go, Russell. Come back with something new soon!), is perfect.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing Spanish Fare!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Absolutely delicious Spanish food and cool atmosphere. We had sangria and tapas, before digging into the paella, and then wrapped up with churros. All so so yummy. I am still thinking about the churros and how I can make paella at home.

We were visiting from out of town - booked a reservation several weeks in advance, and were only able to get a 9pm reso. And that was on a Monday! Book early if you can!

My only comment for feedback was that I found the server to be a little on the cold side and not overly friendly. Other than that we really enjoyed our meal and evening. I'd go back and recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Diablo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic: bay area meets spain”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

New waterfront place on pier 5. We put ourselves in their hands and Sasha delivered an off-the-charts food, wine, and ambiance experience. Everything was Spanish and I felt like I was in San Sebastien.

California
“amazing food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

honestly we were hesitant to try this place because the chef's other restaurants have gone down in quality. But we are thrilled we went. It is on pier 5 on the Embarcadero and the decor is great. very great colors and nice space. The food was out of this world. the drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic were fresh and very creative. great spicy bloody mary and mojitos were great. We had the potatoes that were crisp and not oily and great sauce, egg and shrimp dish is not to be missed, crispy shrimp in chickpea flour pancake was so favorable--crispy and not soggy at all. albondigas were cooked to perfection and the puree on top was perfect; chorizo, almonds and olives were lovely bites. short ribs were tender and the sauce was paired so well. not too tart and not too sweet. roasted pardon peppers were delicious as well. had the churros which were crispy but not over cooked or too sweet and the fig tart was amazing. blue cheese ice cream and crispy rosemary. so creative and great flavors. hope that the quality continues.

“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The iced sangria was the best alcoholic beverage ive ever had in my life!!
Cool place! We ate in the bar section at the long countertop bench and got chatting with people around us about the different dishes and who liked what.
Loved the different foods and sharing. The little skewers are a cool tasting idea for $2.50 each. The cheese platter was amazing!!! The beef shortribs and duck meatballs were our favourite!
Going back for another sangria tonight!!