“Excellent experience”

Small Car Big Time Tours
Ranked #17 of 285 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a custom tour in a convertible MINI Cooper! Affordable VIP service that takes you where most other tour companies are not allowed. Knowledgeable, local guide who loves San Francisco. Visit boutique Wine Country wineries other tour companies can’t go to in fun and style. We’re the only open-top custom tour in the city. Great for photographers, couples wanting to get away from crowds, or anyone wanting an experience as unique as San Francisco.We go where the big bus tours can't. Cruise down the twists of Lombard Street. Travel up to sweeping views of Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower. See the mansions of Pacific Heights and Sea Cliff. All tours are personalized--see what you want as long as you want. Door to door service. You're in a special city--why take an ordinary tour?
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

What great tour.
Great car, and Reed was wonderful, like being with an old
friend.
Reed was knowledgable , accommodating, and clearly loves his city.
I recommend this experience without reservation!

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The best way to see and explore San Francisco. Period”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Had a three hour personal tour of San Francisco with Reed. All I can say is that this is simply the BEST way of seeing the city and its highlights. We were able to drive down Lombard Street, the Presidio and he even drove us over the Golden Gate Bridge. Reed was more than happy to stop whenever and where ever we asked, as well as take photos of us. His knowledge of the city and its highlights is impeccable. Helped us to gain knowledge of the history of the different attractions. From planning the tour to the tour itself, Reed was more than accommodating with our requests for where we would like to visit. The car itself is a great way to see the city. I was easily able to see all that Reed pointed out with my wife getting the front seat. The car could go places that others couldn't (saw numerous signs restricting access to bigger vehicles).
If you want to see the city of San Francisco and don't want to be herded like "one of the crowd" take this much more personal tour. You will not regret it at all. I cannot recommend this more highly to anyone. Value for money, you get to see so much of the city. We probably saw more in the just over three hours than some do over a couple of days!!

2 Thank Robert H
Naperville, Illinois
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best tour we have taken”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Booking this private tour with Reed was the way to go! He picked us up at our hotel and proceeded to show us around all the important parts of the city. He is so knowledgeable and told us all the little bits of San Fran history. We were able to personally drive down Lombard street (which no big tour bus can do!). We felt pampered to she our own personal guide to the city. Reed even spent extra time with us just so we could see the city right!

Aledo, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The ONLY way to go!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

On 7-13-14, my husband and I took the “small car” tour. What a great decision that was!
First of all I’d like to say that Reed was very accommodating and worked with us so that we were able to take the tour within the short period of time that we were in the area. Though I desperately wanted to see San Francisco, neither my husband nor I thought that attempting to drive ourselves around in a strange city (especially one like San Francisco) and trying to to figure out, on our own, how to get to the sites we wanted to see, sounded very appealing at all. We found lots of sightseeing tours, but this one really stood out. We had our very own “private tour guide” who went where we wanted and stopped where we wanted for as long as we wanted. There was no one else to consider, just my husband and me. The vehicle was a cute Mini Cooper convertible. This car allowed us to see clearly in all directions, and sometimes being able to see “up” is really nice, too. We were also able to drive down Lombard Street because of the car’s small size. Reed was very friendly and informative and we highly recommend this novel way to see San Francisco! DO it!

Abingdon, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want to see San Francisco, this is how you do it!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

With a 12-hour layover at San Francisco International Airport, I was looking for a nice opportunity to go into the city and see some of the high points while I was there. Granted, you can always take one of those packed bus tours and "see" some of the more common sights, but I wanted to try something a little different and that's where Reed and Small Car Big Time Tours came in.

This was unequivocally one of the best decisions I made on my trip.

I spent four hours on a solo tour around the city and it was amazing. Reed is a consummate professional and supremely knowledgeable about his city. His knowledge is only matched by his enthusiasm and love for his surroundings, and it shows. The tour is very customizable, which was a big point for me since there was a particular item in Chinatown I was looking to purchase, and, after I successfully acquired it, I reallocated some time at the Disney Family Museum. I really didn't have much else on my agenda other than what I told him at the beginning: "Impress me."

And he sure did over the next few hours and he expertly navigated and narrated all the varied neighborhoods. Great cities like San Francisco need amazing ambassadors like Reed. I loved it, but I learned so much as well, and that's a difficult combo to achieve. Thanks!

Visited June 2014