“Great Intro to SF!”

Small Car Big Time Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a private custom tour in a convertible MINI Cooper! Affordable VIP service that takes you where most other tour companies are not allowed. Knowledgeable, local guide who loves San Francisco. Visit boutique Wine Country wineries other tour companies can’t go to in fun and style. We’re the only open-top custom tour in the city. Great for photographers, couples wanting to get away from crowds, or anyone wanting an experience as unique as San Francisco. We go where the big bus tours can't. Cruise down the twists of Lombard Street. Travel up to sweeping views of Telegraph Hill and Coit Tower. See the mansions of Pacific Heights and Sea Cliff. All tours are personalized--see what you want as long as you want. Door to door service. You're in a special city--why take an ordinary tour?
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was our first trip to San Francisco, and we wanted a quick tour of the city to get a feel for the various neighborhoods and sights. Reed's tour was perfect for us. He was extremely knowledgable and quickly drove us around many parts of the city in the two hours we reserved. His tour is totally customizable or, as in our case, you can let Reed select the city's highlights. I was a bit concerned about being able to hear Reed's comments given that we would be riding in the back of a convertible, but his use of a microphone that transmits through the car's audio system made that concern a nonissue. We would highly recommend Reed and his Tour.

1  Thank MauiBrian
in 25 reviews
"loves san francisco"
"restaurant suggestions"
in 3 reviews
"private tour of san francisco"
in 3 reviews
"driving down lombard street"
"the golden gate bridge"
in 26 reviews
"his hometown"
"the presidio"
in 17 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
"highlight of our trip"
in 12 reviews
"san francisco streets"
"two hours"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I absolutely love the idea and the level of service that comes with it. My friends came to visit from overseas and we only had half a day to see San Francisco. I found out about Small Car Big Time Tours by chance one day before our arrival. Reed was very pleasant, flexible and accomodating. It was very easy to book a tour. He called to make sure we arrived, picked us up right on time, and then gave us an excellent tour of the city. We stopped were we wanted to. We also asked him to take a detour for a specifi site that my friend wanted to visit. It was cold that day, and Reed provided blankets to keep us warm. He also recommended several restaurants to us, and dropped us off near one of them. We enjoyed the tour and we enjoyed the food at the restaurant he recommended. Reed's prices are also very reasonable for the level of service he provides. It is the best way to see the city, and I recommend everyone who visits San Francisco to start with Small Car Big Time Tour.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I can't say enough about this tour and Reed's ability to customize your experience! Two of my sisters and I took a 3 hour tour. I was a bit worried about being in a car that long but we were in and out at several of the sites. I recommend seeing the Fortune Cookie 'factory' for an authentic and one of kind experience, driving through the Presidio and seeing the Lucas Films site with all of its Star Wars memorabilia and some more well known San Francisco sites such as Coit Tower. We saw the robot of San Francisco (and the house across the street also), Lombard Street, the China Town area was fascinating when hearing the history from Reed and seeing the fish drying on the balconies. Depending upon your interests you see just enough but more than you would if you had to walk it all and/or use public transportation to get to all of the spots. You can always stop for photo ops or get out of the car to do whatever you want to do during the tour. It's a very efficient way to see everything and to learn about the history of San Francisco. We wish many years of good luck to Reed so he can continue to be in this business should we return to SF!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was my 2nd time, but the 1st time for my husband to SF and I new I wanted to show him the beauty of San Francisco!! Reed and his Mini cooper were exactly what I wanted. We wanted Reed for a city tour and also to take us out to Sonoma for the day. The process to book these 2 days was easily handled through email.

Reed picked us up promptly at 10 am in his cute Mini cooper!! He had blankets to keep us warm if needed and was very easy to hear all about his beautiful city thru the speaker/microphone he used. Reed shared lots of stories of history and interesting things to do off the beaten path!

Thanks Reed…...It was an amazing 2 days and we have a new friend in San Francisco!!

When we return we will definitely use the services of Reed again and if you are reading this review so should you.

1  Thank HockeyAlberta
See more reviews
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was the 2nd time for me and 1st for my wife coming to SF. I wanted to book an all around overview tour of SF...had been looking at such things as the big bus tours (did one my last trip) but came across this tour. It appeared to be a lot more fun. So I booked...I'm soooooo glad I did!!!!!

Not sure how much I can add to the other reviews but our 4 hour tour was the highlight of our time in the city. Given pretty much full control of what to see...I gave Reed places I wanted to see and ask him to fill in the rest. He took us to places other tours don't/couldn't take us to. His narration and knowledge of SF during the tour was awesome!!!! Felt that we got great history of the whole city.

We didn't feel rushed whatsoever when stopping for pics or anything else. The pace was very relaxing. I was concerned before the tour about room (leg) in the Mini Cooper as I'm 6'1'' 275lbs...not an issue whatsoever!!!

What impressed me even more was that Reed was also excited in providing so much more information on other things to do, places to eat etc. while we were on our trip. He went above and beyond not only making sure he provided a top notch tour, but also wanted to make sure we had a great time on our trip to the city outside of the tour.

Next time we're in the city, definitely booking another tour with Reed...Looking at the winery tour that he offers.

Thank you so much Reed for this very memorable experience!!!!!!

1  Thank Cheetah2112