“To die for and worth all the calories”
Review of B. Patisserie

B. Patisserie
Ranked #6 of 118 Bakeries in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Vancouver, Canada
“To die for and worth all the calories”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Your mouth begins to water when you're just standing at the door peering in through the glass windows. Kouign-amanns (pronounced queen-ah-mon) are amazing especially when you know how much work goes into them. These buttery flaky little babies have sugar encased in the middle of them and must be taken out of the pan when they are hot. My understanding is that the bakers have burns on their arms trying to remove these little bundles of goodness straight out of the hot pans. So when I bit into mine, I knew the sacrifices that these bakers make and it tasted just that more special.

I also ordered the chocolate banana croissant and didn't eat it until the next day when I was flying back home and it was just as tasty the next day.

Just letting you know that you will pay for your decadent visit in calories and moula. Anything with butter and love will cost you. 3 Kouign-amanns and 1 banana chocolate croissant cost me $20. Definitely worth the splurge or a special treat. Like for every 5 pounds I lose I can have one visit here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank canadiana1ca

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
“Best Sandwich...Best Pastries in town”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Going to "b " was like a breath of fresh air!! In the time that cupcakes and costco cakes are taking over the market, it's LOVELY to see that a bakery takes a different approach and offer delicious and delicate pastries.
I'm attending a baking school in SF and went there for lunch! I had Mushroom Kale Sandwich that was so delicious, a very unique taste. I had Cafe Au Lait which wasn't that great. But Sandwich and pastries A++

• Visited August 2013
San Mateo, CA
“The B. could stand for Best”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My caterer friend told me about this place because he knows I love flaky croissants. B. Patisserie did not disappoint! After spending literally hours at the UCSF Breast Cancer Center 3 blocks away I felt I deserved a treat. The person behind the counter informed us that Chocolate Banana Croissants had just come out of the oven and would be cool enough to serve in 6 more minutes.I had never heard of CBCs before and of course we would wait for them. My husband and I decided to share a Chicken and Anchovy Salad open faced sandwich on a baguette which came with a small green salad on the side. Although it sounded like a weird combination the flavors were perfectly balanced, the anchovy providing just the right amount of salt and contrast to the the chicken and bread. The server brought the still warm croissant to us just as we finished our sandwich and, like the sandwich, the banana to chocolate to flaky dough ratio was perfect! So perfect in fact, we ordered another one. The interior feels light and airy, the marble tables give it a very European feel. Although I am not looking forward to my next visit to UCSF BCC I am looking forward to returning to B. Patisserie and my next treat.

• Visited July 2013
Dearborn, Missouri
“What an awesome place to get the most unique and delightful pastries.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were told to go visit this place from a coworker. The coffee and the pastries were divine. The place was pretty and nicely decorated. Comfortable and welcomed my 8 year old too! Not a huge selection but that was just fine with us based on the quality of what we had. Made a point to go back before we left the city. Mostly locals too which was nice. Not overcrowded with tourists. The neighborhood is fun too, lots of little shops and restaurants. Will definitely return to this place next time we come.

• Visited July 2013
Fayetteville
“A perfect splurge”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The pastries and other baked goods at B. Patisserie are absolutely delicious, no question about it, but for me, each must be eaten in small quantities and are perfectly suited as desserts. My friend and I got a chocolate cookie, one small passion fruit almond bostock, and 3 Kouign-amanns (pronounced queen-ah-mon, which is a round, flaky pastry), and the bill was 19 bucks. A wonderfully rare, but deserved, treat.

• Visited May 2013