“Our stay in San Francisco Ca” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street

Knights Inn San Francisco/On Lombard Street
Ranked #210 of 236 Hotels in San Francisco
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Our stay in San Francisco Ca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I thought the room was a good value for the money at half the rate of the cheapest motels in the area , our room was clean , the people at the front desk were helpful and kind , helping us to maneuver around the city using the city bus lines and taking time to show us things on the map.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nelson, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

In April this year I booked 2 nights accommodation with this hotel - direct on their website. Five days later I emailed to cancel (due to reviews). I didn't hear anything so emailed again. I got a reply asking what dates and replied with those. I emailed twice more asking for confirmation this had been cancelled, no reply. Guessing it had been I let it go. Imagine my surprise when on the first night I had originally booked, I found one nights acc on my visa. I rang them twice & they hung up on me both times. I started emailing and after several threatening emails, plus advising Visa of my problem, I got my refund. Be very careful with this property, he was very rude on the phone before hanging up.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jules540

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This place wasn't too bad from the outside. Check in went smoothly and the manager appeared friendly at first. We got our room key and ventured up to the room. It took a while to manage to open the door but eventually we managed and BAM! The smell hit us. The room stunk like mould and a dirty nappy all in one! We went out very soon after and left the window open to try and air it to no avail. Needless to say, we stayed out as late as we could. The next day we had a full day which again was a relief but one of our days plans required us to print off our ticket, I thought 'why not ask the hotel manager, all other hostels, motels and hotels have helped us with this', WRONG. He firmly said no he wouldn't after I had specified it was only 2 pages...while standing next to the office printer and said there was somewhere 4 blocks away that I was able to walk to. I found this very poor, don't expect hospitality from this place. In the end our opinion was 'overpriced, incredibly smelly, old, unfriendly and again overpriced. The location is fine, not a walk into town but close to a supermarket, Laundromat and buses.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leanne M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

1-the night when we checked in the receptionist was a nice lady.she said we can leave bags in the reception after our checkout next day.in the morning when we checked ou, we spoke with the worse ' menager ' i have ever seen in my life.he said no chance to leave bags!!!.we explaned we have a flight in the evening and we have been in san francicso only 1 day.we especially came to see alcatraz and travel on cable car which wasnt possible to be done with 4 suitcases.Manager said that hotel dont have a leave luggage room but have a room which they dont use at the moment because they decorate it but he will charge us only 50 usd for this !!! My husband said to him that its shocking that he's trying to charge us 50 usd for keeping our bags in empty room and that we've been to very many hotels in our life and nobody ever asked for such money.Manager started shouting on us to leave the hotel pointing the door.
2- Room was old,nothing's been changed there in last 30 years at least.i will never go back there.
Our stay in SF was saved by lovely people from the bar next to this horrible hotel that was called 'buffalo wings'. geat food for great price and lovely staff.these people kept our bags for fre and when we tried to givethem some money for it ,they didnt want to take it. bar for 5*,hotel -10*.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Murchol
Cedar City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I were on spring break vacation in San Francisco. We weren't too worried about the hotel as much as we were about the prices. We paid a good amount of money for the poor service we received. When we arrived the front desk clerk was yelling at two guests that had previously checked in. They didn't understand where their room was located and the clerk frustrated yelled at them and told them to go look for it. We were very shocked with such service. However, we kept quiet and waited till he finished with the two gentleman. He checked us in just fine, he was nice to us... I didn't quite understand this man's behavior. The room looked clean as you walked in, but as soon as you started walking around you could tell that it needed to be cleaned. One out of our three nights the hot water wasn't working in our bathroom. I called down and asked him if he could please come look at it or do anything to fix it. He didn't bother to come or offer assistance, he just said the water is working just fine and I need to keep trying. "keep trying" Well, we just took a cold shower. In the morning there was a new older gentleman that checked us out, he seemed like he actually cared about our stay and wished us good luck. I would reconsider staying at this place again. The only good things were the spacious rooms and the location.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor. There's a couple of stories and no elevator. We had bikes...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mayuni N
Hampton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located on the western end of Lombard Street but the hotel itself is VERY OLD and needs updating. There is no central air. There was a fan for cool air and a small portable heating fan for heat provided in the room. The room had no ironing board and the hotel could not provide one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

2 Thank Michael O
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start!
1. It's not Knights Inn
2. The room had smashed windows that were taped back up. These were right next to the fire escape so really, really safe!
3. The site I booked on there was a continental breakfast. They offered juice and coffee in the office!
4. There was no hot water in the shower and only hot water in the wash basin.
5. There was no cable as advertised. There was barely an image on the tv - plus with all the noise coming in from the broken/taped windows you couldn't hear the tv even if you wanted to watch it.
6. There was a broken light socket, taped up with a plastic bag - cause plastic won't melt if the live wire sparked!
7. I was completely attacked by fleas.
DO NOT STAY HERE! Awful doesn't even cover it!
I tried to complain but could never find anyone around to complain. I was told on check inn there was no refunds (should've seen that as a sign!) Worst place I've ever stayed at!!!

• Stayed April 2014