“Shhh....it's an SF locals secret”
Review of El Mansour

El Mansour
Reserve with OpenTable
El Mansour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,254 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32nd Ave.
Transit: 2 clement, 38 Geary and 1 California.
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I love this place. Every time I come here I feel like I have left the U.S.
It's beautifully draped in tapestries and low candlelight,
The belly dancers are so entertaining and it's great for families
At around 32$ a plate (a steal for San Francisco) for a 5 course meal including desert and handwashing with rose water it's a great value and experience.
Great for birthdays and anniversaries.

1  Thank Aurora101

Reviewed April 19, 2011

We make the reservation 1 week before the day and I explained it was for birthday for a people who came from Europe.
When we arrived, we received a table for 2 but I reserved for 3.
we asked to have an another table, the restaurant was almost empty, but they said us that if we were not happy, we could leave!
We left and we had to find a another restaurant to celebrate the birthday but it was 10 pm!!!
I work for an international magazine and I will wrote a review on it!

Reviewed February 4, 2011

I came here once several years ago, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I must say it is still as amazing as ever, with the same sit-on-floor seating arrangement, big platters full of meaty kabobs, gallons of wine, etc. The belly dancer was hypnotic. What can I say? something about the combination of the gyrating hips, whirling scarves, wine and red meat transported me. I may have gotten in a little trouble with my date, given my attention to the nuance of the dance, but when she took it upon herself to try a bit of solo, later at home I knew I'd be back someday.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Francisco
Reviewed March 18, 2008

it was a'ight. the napkins (towels) smelled funky... i enjoyed the belly dancing though (not me belly dancing but the entertainment).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I haven't been to El Mansour for years, but the last time I went, it was good.

Good food, live entertainment and a fun atmosphere -- a great way to spend the evening.

Make sure you clear your evening because the dinner is served in five courses, culminating in mint tea.

Also, belly-dancing starts at 8pm.

For entrees, I recommend the honey lamb with almonds.

Also, do NOT pass on the chicken bastela -- amazing!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook