“Comfort Food”

Bambino's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bambino's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,238 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carl Street
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Had an opportunity to go to Bambino's for Sunday lunch while our son was a patient at UCSF. Went dreaming of lasagne, had outstanding eggs Benedict instead. The eggs were cooked just the way I asked-firm whites- all too often even with that request I get runny whites- so definite points. My husband had a pizza and definitely enjoyed. Try the bubbles. Mine had limoncello and grapefruit juice. Definitely yummy!

San Diego, California
“A welcome relief from the maddening crowds”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter and I met some friends here for lunch, on their recommendation. We had spent a couple of days in the financial district for business. It was a short, easy bus ride from there, but a world away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. The restaurant was comfortable, with a welcomed quiet ambience. Our server was excellent, friendly and attentive. My daughter and I shared a butter lettuce and green apple salad that was outstanding! I had the lasagne bologenese , while my daughter ordered the melanzana and zucchini lasagne. Our friends ordered the panini with pesto, mozzarella and tomato. Everything was excellent! The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food, not to mention the portions. (They can easily be shared.) I look forward to going back again on my next visit to San Francisco.

• Visited June 2012
San Francisco
“Great Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Wonderful Italian restaurant. Great Calamari Misti (just the right amount of crunch). Butter Lettuce and Green Apple salad was tasty and plentiful. Linguine with Clams white wine sauce were just delicious. and the Pork Shoulder with Creamy Polenta was the BEST. Great wine list and you must have dessert, Chocolate Truffle Torte was decadent.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank TheGreek1234
era999
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stumbled onto a gem.”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Walking in the Cole Street neighborhood last night (Thursday) we stumbled onto an excellent Italian restaurant. The Chicken Marsala was very tasty with plenty of sauce and was enough for my husband and me to share. It came with string beans and a potato that was sliced but still whole (almost like a scallopped potato) that tasted wonderful with the Marsala sauce. Our son had the raviolis with half pesto and half cream sauce. He was only willing to share one bite because it was so good. Three kinds of very soft bread came before the meal and the waiter graciously brought us garlic and balsamic vinegar to add to the olive oil that was already on the table. We added a cup of Minestrone soup and the total bill was very reasonable for a restaurant with this good quality of food. We just beat the rush at 6:30 and the place very quickly filled except for 2 tables with a "reserved" sign on them. There were 3 high chairs in use by small children so it is a kid-friendly place.

1 Thank era999
San Francisco, CA
“A longtime neighborhood favorite for our anniversary & birthday dinners”
Reviewed January 28, 2009

We very seldom "splurge" for restaurant meals, but have dined here 3 or more times each year for more than a decade. The staff and service have always been welcoming and accommodating and the meals enjoyable and affordable.

1 Thank 1627Pilgrim