“Lunch was Good”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Description: Cracked Dungeness Crab, Clam Chowder, & Cioppino are among guest favorites. Seafood Fettuccine Tarantino, a crowd favorite, Scallops and prawns in a sauce of garlic, herbs, cream, and freshly grated parmesan cheese, is one example of the Italian flavor which is a hallmark of our seafood. For a quick bite, visit Tarantino's Sidewalk Cafe. Our Dungeness Crab are cooked, cracked, and wrapped to go--call in advance for curbside pickup. We strive to provide our customers with a consistently memorable fresh seafood dining experience with a unique San Francisco bay view. Banquet facilities available.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Was looking for someplace to sit and have lunch, too many choices in the Fisherman's Wharf area. Decided to try this place, fried calamari was excellent, wife had fish and chips, again very good. Stick with lunch and lunch specials and you should be fine...

1  Thank Frankied92

Reviewed September 16, 2013

As our visit to Fisherman's Wharf was more pleasurable than we expected. We decided to re-visit during the evening for a meal. It was mid-day as we came across this place and booked a table for 2100 that evening. Big mistake but we liked the position and view. The 1st floor was very prettily set out.
We arrived earlier than intended, at the front desk on the 1st floor introduced our booking to a miserable guy who did not speak expect to say "follow me". We countered this by asking that we had a drink first at the bar as we were earlier than intended. His response was "there is no one serving at the bar tonight, I suppose I'll have to do it along with everything else". He served us without speaking, his contemptuous attitude made us feel uncomfortable such that after a few minutes we decided to go to our reserved table. He led us to the table without offering us a menu or even speaking. At this point we should have walked out but were unsure what availability there would be at other decent restaurants, but didn't???
The service thereafter was OK, the meal average - the halibut being over-cooked.
I would have sacked the front desk guy on the spot if he had been in my employ during my career.
Don't go.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Upstairs-ahhhh- so quiet and serene after walking the Wharf and the row of walkup seafood stalls. So many people. so busy. This was just perfect for us. White table cloths and surrounded by huge windows overlooking marina and docks. The food was terrific. Just what we wanted - a large bowl of clam chowder to share- it was awesome! and fabulous salads with grilled chicken. And.... the best San Francisco sourdough bread served on the table in a basket. Service was great. What a nice respite and great meal.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The gals and I were hungry and looking for a good seafood meal after our day of adventure around Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco and we really didn't want to eat in a "chain" restaurant so we chose one of the original restaurants on the Wharf. I was somewhat concerned about being able to be seated without reservations as that's been a problem in years past; however, that wasn't a problem on this Saturday evening. The dining room and cocktail lounge were upstairs. The first thing noticed was that the decor was a bit outdated although it seemed well-maintained. We were seated at a window table which provided a nice view of a boat harbor, other Wharf restaurants, the Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands. Our server was prompt and efficient. Each of us had a seafood dish; a pasta with a variety of different seafood and sauces. I had an unadvertised special recommended by the server. It was similar to cioppino but was served with pasta instead of as a soup and included salmon, mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops. It was heavenly. The pasta dinners do come with nice SF sourdough bread but no salad. I also thought it was interesting that, although we were offered coffee following dinner, dessert was not offered. No worries; we later had ice cream at another establishment down the Wharf.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The great view and relaxing atmosphere were the good points. The food was a big disappointment. I ordered the crab cakes and received three flat, mushy cakes with little to no flavor; made me wonder if there was any crab involved at all. My husband, who loves fish & chips reported to me that this dish at Tarantino's reminded him of fish sticks (various types of minced fish). The service was just OK...nothing outstanding. We left wishing that we had taken our concierge's advice and gone to another restaurant, a bit farther away.