“Delicious Indian Food !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of India Clay Oven

India Clay Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
India Clay Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,617 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: The Richmond
Cross street: 25th Avenue
“Delicious Indian Food !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Came here with my husband and 2 year old daughter. It was about 230pm and we were the only ones there which was fine because my daughter won't sit still very long and likes to walk around. The inside was very beautiful and the bathroom very nice. The waiters were nice and didn't seem to mind our 2 year old exploring. I eat a lot of vegetarian Indian food and want to say that their food was Delicious!! We even got an order to-go as we didn't want our experience to end!

1 Thank Kristenganna

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great atmosphere and the food was delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We tried two chicken and one lamb dish - all were delicious. I haven't been to a lot of Indian restaurants, so I don't have a lot to compare to, but the people I was with have and we all agreed everything was terrific. We were surprised with small servings of the rice pudding for dessert - unexpected and yummy!

• Visited April 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“The best Indian Restaurant in SF”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I come to this restaurant every time I visit San Francisco, which is about once a year. I love their Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Maligatawny soup, as well as Lamb Vandaloo and Chicken Biryani. It's always fresh and delicious!

Visited March 2012
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Free delivery is a bonus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Yummy Indian food delivered fast. India Clay Oven is a good value. We got the Rogan Josh and the Coconut Lamb. Both were delicious, but be warned if you ask for it spicy it will come mouth searingly hot! Try the naan with goat cheese.

• Visited February 2012
San Francisco, California
“Great tandoori Chicken, shame about the Curry!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I had the Buffet on Saturday lunchtime having just moved into the area. There was a good mix of dhal, vegetable dishes Lamb and Chicken aswell as possibly some of the best Tandoori chicken I have tasted in the US. The wait staff promptly bring you iced water and a basket of Naan Bread when you are seated. I returned the following Wednesday night to try the a la carte based on my previous experience. I ordered the Punjabi Chicken and Naan Bread. The chicken was obviously pre-cooked and was dry, there was too much sauce and it was hard to retrieve it from the handi. The sauce itself was very heavy on the ginger, so much so, that you could barely taste anything else. I ate about 2 pieces of chicken and left the handi rather full. The waiter asked how my food was, so I told him. He didn`t really seem to care and brought me the full bill.
If you`re thinking of going to this restaurant the lunch buffet is good value. If you order a la carte think Tandoori, the answer is in the title of the restaurant!!

1 Thank upstairsforthinking