“Outstanding !”
Review of Cliff House

Cliff House
Ranked #163 of 6,516 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sutro Heights
Description: The world-famous Cliff House is the crown jewel of the largest urban national park in the United States. For dining we offer the casual Bistro Restaurant and the elegant Sutro’s at the Cliff House. Our Sunday buffet brunch in the Terrace Room is a San Francisco tradition offering free-flowing champagne and a delicious buffet. For over 150 years San Franciscans have celebrated their events at the Cliff House and that tradition continues today with our beautiful banquet facility and attached private terrace. Hike the amazing Lands End trails, take a stroll along Ocean Beach, or explore the famous Sutro Bath ruins. Then stop in to enjoy appetizers and drinks in the Zinc Bar or Sutro’s Bar & Lounge. See awesome sunsets, cozy up by a warm fire, and listen to live Friday night jazz in our Balcony Lounge. Whether you are in the mood for a casual fun afternoon, an elegant evening out, or a play day with the family, there is always something to enjoy at the Cliff House.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Only because the stunning location and the terrific view, it deserves to get you there.

This is a place where i come anytime and for any reason i am in San Francisco. What ever business or leisure.

Food is also very good and you can surf over many selection in the menu.

Usually i go with fish but meat is ok too. As well all the other propositions in the list.

Be here is really a nice experience, mandatory if you get in San Francisco.

Absolutely, Enjoy !

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank PhStrad
Write a reviewReviews (1,827)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fog rolling off the Pacific, and warm popovers brought to the table on a Sunday morning; what a great way to start the day!
Attentive service and breakfast choices including Dungeness crab make for a relaxing. get away from it all meal.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Haven’t been to the Cliff House in many years. Decided to stop on our way out of town after a concert the previous night. It was Tuesday morning, busy but not too much-we were able to get a lovely window table. Christopher was our server, put us at ease immediately and brought us coffee. He said bread was coming-what a surprise, bread turned out to be POPOVERS!!! What?! I adore popovers. Jackpot Love the vibe here so much-the signed celebrity photos on every wall. Must be a literal fortune in autographs.
I ordered the Eggs San Francisco-
Two Poached Eggs with Dungeness Crab, Toasted Sourdough Bread, Brandy Cream Sauce with potatoes & fresh fruit. Fresh crab, so good. I just luxuriated in the food, the view, the ambience. And then BARRY BONDS walked in. My husband almost lost it but we just gawked like crazy fans do.
So great food, ocean view and you might even see a celebrity ;)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed a lovely lunch here with a group of friends. The view was beautiful and the service excellent. Splurge for the bread!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I made reservations to have Sunday brunch at the Cliff House while we were visiting San Francisco. The view is spectacular! We took an Uber which is an easy drive, but there is plenty of parking. The staff is so nice and you could barely take a drink of champagne without them offering to fill it up again. The assortment and quality of food was AMAZING! There were numerous choices. Their Greek salad and eggs Benedict cannot be missed! And the chocolate mousse for desert was the best I have had since Paris! They had a harpist playing soft music in the background to add even more elegance. We never felt rushed to finish so they could get to the next seating... My only complaint was I didn't have enough room in my tummy to eat more! Great value, great food! It is a fine dining experience for a fraction of the cost! Next time we are in San Francisco, I will make a point to go back!