“Sunday Brunch”
Review of Cliff House

Cliff House
Ranked #128 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The world-famous Cliff House is the crown jewel of the largest urban national park in the United States. For dining we offer the casual Bistro Restaurant and the elegant Sutro’s at the Cliff House. Our Sunday buffet brunch in the Terrace Room is a San Francisco tradition offering free-flowing champagne and a delicious buffet. For over 150 years San Franciscans have celebrated their events at the Cliff House and that tradition continues today with our beautiful banquet facility and attached private terrace. Hike the amazing Lands End trails, take a stroll along Ocean Beach, or explore the famous Sutro Bath ruins. Then stop in to enjoy appetizers and drinks in the Zinc Bar or Sutro’s Bar & Lounge. See awesome sunsets, cozy up by a warm fire, and listen to live Friday night jazz in our Balcony Lounge. Whether you are in the mood for a casual fun afternoon, an elegant evening out, or a play day with the family, there is always something to enjoy at the Cliff House.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Love their Champagne Sunday Brunch. Elegant music by the harpist, breathtaking ocean view and the food is always delicious. Parking can be a challenge so arrive with time to spare before your reservation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,607)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

First of all - this review is for the Bistro at the Cliff House. Seated promptly at a window table - wonderful view - BUT the smudged dirty window really bugged me! I seriously thought of asking for another napkin as I wanted to clean it myself, but not wanting to embarrass others did not. Please people - the view is everything here and is distracting with greasy fingerprints and smudges on the window! Would take but a minute between seatings! Food was just ok, but we did enjoy our time here looking at the beautiful scenery - don't miss the Lands End visitor center just up the hill as well.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We love coming in to the city for the weekend and look forward to dining at various places.I came here back before the new building was built and several times since but hadn't stopped for several years so I looked forward to seeing what changes they have made.We stopped here for lunch and with no reservation was seated fairly quick at Sutro's for a Saturday.We started with Bloody Mary's that were very good.Picked the crab cakes for an appetizer and they were also nicely done.i had the scallops for an entree which I really enjoyed.My husband had the fish with risotto.The fish was dry with no flavor as was the risotto. it was getting later in the afternoon and our table was situated where my husband was facing the ocean view.The sun started hitting him right in the face and we asked a server if they could draw the blinds.He did but then someone opened them again.We asked them to please close them just enough to keep the sun out of my husbands face and were told that people wanted to see the view and my husband was the only one affected by it.Our waiter apologized and said he talked to the manager but it didn't help.Why sit a table at that angle? My husband could not move his chair to the side or avoid the sun glaring in his face.There were empty tables we could have been reseated at or the manager could have apologized.We did not enjoy the rest of
our meal and hurried out of there.No view is worth rudeness and indifference.Not only will we not return but we will definitely tell everyone we know how rude we were treated.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a good place for the views of the ocean if you go during the day. At night it doesn't matter because everywhere is dark and can't see anything out the window.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a San Francisco landmark with spectacular ocean views however, It is extreemly pretensious,overpriced and not very friendly, what are you usually looking for as a visitor? a nice friendly welcoming atmosphere ! Well, you wont get it here, sorry!