“My favorite Thai place! Get the thai toast, chicken satay, and pad see yew, its my favorite meal.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patpong Thai Cuisine

Neighborhood: The Richmond
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

“My favorite meal of the trip (and very reasonable, too!)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2006

Went on a recommendation from a fellow traveler at my convention, and I was thrilled with it. It is a little funky on the design, pretty mod and a bit dark. I love that, but it's not for everyone. They were able to place me somewhere in the dining room with enough light for reading.

Was disappointed they were "out" of the Deviled Egg-cavier appetizer, it sounded yummy. Opted instead for a half-dozen mixed oysters. WOW! So fresh, with just the hint of brine. There were three types and each was excellent. I tend to favor smaller oysters, but even the large ones here were tender and fresh. No Saltine crackers (sorry, I'm a Midwestener), though.

Second appetizer was the tuna tartar. The tuna was outstanding. The crisp served with it was a little too thick for a delicate appetizer, but in this case the tuna was great by itself in a japanese-style marinade.

Finished with a third appetizer, a Dungeness crab cake, which was awesome. So creamy with a good spicy kick to it. Aoili lightly decorated the plate. With a glass of Pinot Grigio it was just excellent.

With all of that, a couple glasses of wine, with tip $50. Excellent experience.

“A pleasant surprise for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2005

We weren't even looking for this gem. Four broads driving around and can't decide where to eat. Took a side street off of Geary and blind-pigged into this surprise. Parking was there so we plugged the meter and hoofed it around the corner to Patpong.

A nice open space very clean and the young woman was wonderful as our waitress. The lunch selection was just what we needed, seafood, tofu and chicken and excellent iced coffee. Pad thai tangy and fresh. Thai-Style Fried Rice with Combination seafood can't miss. The Green Curry with combination seafood satisfied my indecisive sister. My vegetarian niece ordered the Spicy Basil Tofu she thought it was a bit hot for her taste buds. Generous portions, the pad thai and veggie dish could be split between 2 people easily.

ps. If you are traveling and need to do laundry pop the duds into the machines and take care of two things at once.