“Wonderful Roasted Crab!”

Cupertino, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Roasted Crab!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The roasted crab is the best crab I've ever eaten. Get it with the garlic noodles and you are set for a treat.

Visited February 2012

Claremont, California
“Great--and no wait!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

After a movie (at the venerable neighborhood Four Star theater) we walked down the block to highly-rated PPQ Dungeness Island, but even from a distance we knew we were in trouble--line spilling out on the sidewalk--and were told a minimum 40 minute wait for a table for 3. So instead we walked a couple more blocks to La Vie. Only one table was occupied (and they left shortly after we arrived). Had an absolutely fabulous roast crab with garlic noodles (their signature dish--a little steep at $50 but worth it) along with first-rate bo luc loc and ginger chicken, along with a nice Alsatian Gewurtz (by the glass--how often do you find that available?). I know trendiness rules, but it's really hard to believe that the other restaurant is that much better (if at all?) to explain one bursting at the seams while the other is practically vacant!

• Visited February 2012
Belmont, California
“La Vie Roast Crab - the best!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Our family has been to this restaurant several times, and I've tried various dishes - they're all excellent. But the best has to be the La Vie Roast Crab - San Francisco dungeness crab pan fried in a soy / garlic sauce. Don't know all the spices and ingredients, but it's heavenly! If you've got the time, and don't mind the messiness, it's a meal you won't forget. Sharing it with a special someone can acutally be romantic and sensuous!

• Visited October 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“This is one of the best meals I've ever had.”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This is one of the best meals I've ever had. The place is nothing to look at but the food is to die for. We loved the calamari, roll-your-own-summer rolls, the roasted crabs with garlic noodles and rice and the fried ice cream. It's great for a group because you can have the restaurant to yourself. Wonderful!!

“The restaurant I meant to go to for my last minute birthday dinner was booked for the evening, so we decided to check...”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The restaurant I meant to go to for my last minute birthday dinner was booked for the evening, so we decided to check out La Vie.
I had the La Vie crab, which came with garlic noodles. The crab cooked in onion, ginger and probably a bunch of other spices was yummy. The garlic noodles were the best I've had in a while. Fresh garlic with a sprinkle of cheese... I sure didn't expect cheese in an Asian restaurant! It was just a little, but it was just enough to add that little something to the dish.
And since it was my birthday, I had to order dessert. I got the fried ice cream. OMG! Just imagine... instead of the typical flour shell, they use coconut! I think I almost died... it was heavenly. Great, now I'm craving it.
Oh, and I must add that the staff was wonderfully nice. This place was a great place to end my birthday evening.

2 Thank doey