“Get there safely and enjoy an amazing menu!”

Golden Era Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 5,939 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place had amazing food. Everything we had from the hot and sour soup to the different stir fry dishes was amazing, and I was there with two meat-eaters! The ambiance outside is a little dicey as you are in the Tenderloin district. Maybe that's why the prices are more than reasonable. I felt like we were getting authentic Asian food that was healthy and very tasty. I'd definitely return when I am in SF again!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Did a take out order after discovering this place was vegan/vegetarian and organic to boot. Great food. My husband had a tofu curry, loved it. I had the tofu spring rolls and a side of steamed broccoli - huge amounts of food, perfectly cooked and fresh. Brought back to our hotel and enjoyed the meal. Great find!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was very pleased with the generous portions. Papaya salad was very well seasoned and we really enjoyed that. Also, the spring rolls were quite superb.

I wasn't crazy about the fake chicken ... I thought it was somewhat rubbery. My nephew, who is not a vegetarian, enjoyed the taste and texture and was impressed. Also, I felt the broccoli, which came with that dish, was not sufficiently steamed and a little too hard. On the other hand, I didn't know broccoli came with that dish, so it was nice to have more vegetables.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ordered spring rolls, house rice claypot and Golden Era tasty treats. All taste amazing. Rice claypot is the best rice dish I've ever had. I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, but I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place was wonderful; within walking distance of many hotels/hostels in the area, great value and above all, DELICIOUS!!