“Uniquely Flavourful and Fabulous Restaurant”

Golden Era Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #414 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Uniquely Flavourful and Fabulous Restaurant”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is an amazing gem located in the Tenderloin neighbourhood in downtown San Francisco. Absolutely the most flavourful vegetarian restaurant food I have ever eaten and I have been a vegetarian for 30 years! Golden Era is actually a Vegan restaurant with an Oriental style, and a flair for pungent, flavoursome alternatives to every dining treat, from Pot Stickers to Noodles.

There were 4 of us, so we were able to sample 4 different entries as well as desserts and appetisers. All of these dishes were unusually spiced, combining many different vegetables and herbs and spices, most of which were a wonderful surprise to our tastebuds.

Looking around the room, every diner seemed delighted to be there, just as we were.

• Visited January 2013

Surrey, Canada
“Couldn't believe I could enjoy vegan so much!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went reluctantly... left happy. Had "chicken" fried rice, lemon grass "chicken", pot stickers and cucumber salad. If I went again I would have to have exactly the same because each dish was outstanding. I'm sure other dishes are as well. I am not vegan and this was not my choice of restaurants (I wanted to go to a steakhouse) but am so glad we ate here because I love "chinese food" and this was among the best I've ever had (including non-vegan). I loved everything we had and went away full after a very healthy meal. If I lived in San Francisco I would be eating there regularly. I consider myself a very good cook and am always surprised at some of the good reviews for restaurants I would never go to again (that includes Millenium vegan restaurant) but loved Golden Era. Please don't hesitate to eat there. You'll love it.

• Visited January 2013
“All together awesome! ”
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Though I'm not a vegitarian i thought i wouldnt like it at first but it was great! There were a vast selection of items on the menu to choose from, the staff was promt, the resturant in general was clean, & the food was great! We even had leftovers for we couldn't finish it all. The only thing i would suggest is to come during the day for its not a very good area to be out in at night.

Riga, Latvia
“Delicious mock meats”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My favorite is the lemon chicken but I've never been disappointed with anything I tried. Very convenient location in the downtown area. Highly recommended as one of the most easily accessible vegan restaurants for tourists.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank sigulda158
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, Vegan with Difference”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a party of eight. We had amazing food. Most vegan places are either clone for meat eater and have a lot of "Chicken" and "Beef" dishes made of soya. and or plenty of raw food. Certainly they have them, but not exclusive. They have vegetarian/vegan chinese, thai and other fusions on the menu. I enjoyed Spicy Sweet and Sour Soup, which was incredible. Also had tofu in lemon grass with brown rice. Enjoyed drinking young tender coconut. It was an amazing experience.

• Visited October 2012