“Delicious ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Marina District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great atmosphere and location . Pricey but good food. Oatmeal was huge and delicious. Chicken apple sausage..eh. Decaf coffee was made from instant that’s why not 5 stars for the rating . Regular coffee brewed and strong . Pancakes had a wonderful flavor and the syrup was very good . Pricing example : $14.95 for a breakfast croissant . $13.95 for 2 pancakes , 4 sausage links and 2 eggs.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (201)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the granola with bananas and strawberries and the pancakes with bananas and strawberries. Both were excellent and good in size. The service was good and friendly.
Prices are high, though.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019

My original experience was a S&G in Haight Ashbury. There exploring and suddenly realizing I was super hungry I stopped in and became a fan.
So much to my surprise, on a return trip, that location disappeared. However, telling the hotel manager about this, he says "they're within walking distance on Chestnut". Of course I booked over there and had dinner.
The food is still every bit as good as, if not better than, my original experience. The location is marvelous. I also discovered this great little bookstore down the street. There's outside seating so - come sit, have some conversation and a great experience. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desert....

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

On a recommendation we went to Squat and Gobble. Wow what a menu! Something for everyone one. The food was well prepared and service excellent. I would definitely recommend Squat & Gobble!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019

We had a really good breakfast at the cafe, I'm a black coffee drinker and really enjoyed the coffee. The food was really good but my wife noticed that the websites prices were about $5 less. Likely means update the website.

Date of visit: July 2019