“Excellent food, friendly owner”
Review of Dolce Amore

Dolce Amore
Ranked #69 of 298 Coffee & Tea in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My friend and I ate here during our recent trip to the U.S.A. The food was freshly made and of excellent quality (we ate crab sandwiches). We were tempted by the the ice creams which looked delicious - and they were!
The owner was very friendly and chatted to us quite a lot. The café is just across the street from the Holiday Inn on Van Ness - it makes a nice change from hotel food. I thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I love this dessert shop/cafe. The staff here are exceptionally friendly and helpful- great service.

I've tried many items on their menu- from espresso drinks, to frappes/smoothies (some of which are made with their excellent gelato), to breakfast, to macaroons and gelato. All have been very fresh, carefully prepared, very high quality, and delicious.

Since the coffee was very good, I was glad for this alternative to the many nearby chain shops. But the many other foods and treats here sets this apart much more.

Other notes- there are some outdoor tables as well as indoor, free wifi. Coffee is Illy.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very nice cafe across the street from the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway frequented by customers for their coffee and gelato. We went here for dinner and ordered chicken pot pie and the pulled apart pork sandwich, both accompanied by fresh spinach salad, and both were very tasty. Only tried their teas and ogled at their pretty desserts, chocolates and macarons. We met the owner, Kevin,who was friendly and accommodating. Wifi was free and there were several customers using their laptops while eating, which can be a drag when there are no seats left, but it was not crowded during the weekend dinner time. We plan to come back and try the oatmeal and coffee.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I loved this place! Let me start off by saying that it takes a lot to impress me and this place did not disappoint! I'm the type that orders oatmeal very often and I have to say their oatmeal is the best oatmeal I have ever had, I asked about it multiple times and they even shared their secret and told me what kind of oatmeal they use, very kind of them! But that is only the beginning, form the moment we walked in to the moment we left, they were helpful, attentive, made suggestions, brought food to our table and really enriched our experience. We could not have been more appreciative since this was our family Christmas breakfast, we were looking for a quick coffee and croissants place before we hit the road back to LA and found this super inviting specialty cafe. The breakfast dishes all hit it out of the park, the parfait, the eggs, the toast combo's with jam and cheese, the oatmeal, the croissants! The drinks were also top notch, we are picky coffee people (this is what happens with Costa Rican families!) but coffee was great and hot chocolates were even better, I highly recommend the spicy Maya hot chocolate! Service food and atmosphere all great and I LOVE supporting small business so please if you are in the area, check this place out, it'll be worth it!

1  Thank TravelAround24
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Newly opened in the classy section of Van Ness, this cafe offers some of the best gelato in San Francisco, as well as coffee, pastries, and wine.
Friendly owner operators provide a warm welcome, and are happy to chat about the various treats available and to talk about things to do in the area.
Check out the resident pet fish!