“Had to enhance the taste myself”
Review of Alioto's

Alioto's
Reserve with OpenTable
Alioto's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson & Taylor
Transit: Cable Car, Muni
Description: Alioto's Italian Seafood Restaurant is located in the heart of San Francisco's famed Fisherman's Wharf overlooking the historic fishing fleet and the Golden Gate Bridge. The Alioto family has been serving the freshest local seafood, authentic family recipes, the oldest/original Italian Seafood Restaurant on the Wharf, started by Nonna Rose back in 1925. The restaurant features a warm ambiance with a 3-tiered dining room offering every guest stunning views of San Francisco Bay. Don't forget to try our world-famous Nonna Rose's Cioppino and Dungeness crab, always fresh. A trip to Alioto's is more than food, it's a trip through history to the oldest family owned and run restaurant in San Francisco, boasting the best views and best seafood on the Wharf.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

So, I ordered the linguine with clam sauce and it was watery and tasteless. I had to order butter & lemon on the side to help and the waiter watched as I worked to enhance the taste. Also, added salt and asked for red pepper flakes because I STILL couldn't get any taste out of the dish.

1  Thank C V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Very nice meal. Had fresh fish off of the menu and was very happy with it. Nice portions of fish, came with side dish too. Nice friendly atmosphere and very courteous staff.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Alioto's is an Italian and Seafood restaurant at the wharf. Our group included 8 and we were given a "private" room which was a bit small but it did enable us to visit without disturbing others. Our room did allow a glimpse view of the water and the Bridge. On the dining floor there are large windows which offer spectacular views.

Alioto's is one of those places which is comforable with its white tablecloths and its waitstaff is male, wearing full-on butler uniforms. There's just enough "formal" to be just right.

As for the food - several of us had the Clam Chowder as a starter - it was wonderful. As an entree several in our group enjoyed the seafood ravoli claiming it was some of the best they had ever had; Two of had the seafood combination (one fried and one sauted) - Go sauted!

And there's a definite plus for Alioto's - free parking just across the street - balances out the slightly higher dining prices.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A quick internet search led me to the top rated restaurants in San Francisco. Alioto's was ranked #1. Since my husband and I were staying at a nearby hotel in Fisherman's Wharf, we decided to try this location out on a Sunday night. On a whim, I decided to call at 6:45 pm to see if I needed reservations and I am sure glad I did. We grabbed the first available reservation at 8:30 pm. Unfortunately, I asked for a table with a view of the water, which by the time we were seated it was completely dark. I enjoyed the ground steak and fries which was delicious as our superb waiter had promised.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It was good food we sat outside to watch people walk by we sat ourselves wait staff wasn't very friendly