“Very nice local bar and restaurant.”
Review of The Bell Tower

The Bell Tower
Ranked #517 of 6,501 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed April 6, 2019

We walked to the Bell Tower from our hotel (Castle Inn) and really enjoyed sitting at the bar and talking with a local. The food was casual and good and we loved the atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here after a concert for a drink, ended up staying for a few because the atmosphere was layed back and the server was so nice. There were a couple of regulars that we ended up talking to, all in all a pretty cool spot! Even if it’s a Vikings spot in the middle of SF

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 2, 2019

I love the onion soup and go there several times a month; the entire menu is terrific and a great value.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in both nights on our 2 night stop in San Francisco and was fantastic both nights, Staff were brilliant and unbelievably helpful and the food and drinks were brilliant and really hit the spot after busy days travelling and seeing the local sights.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank tgbandit
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Celebrated my youngest Son's Birthday dinner with family. My Son & Daughter ordered Ribeye steak which really big and delicious. My Daughter's plate was a specialty dish that evening served with grilled zucchini & scratch mashed potatoes and my Son's dish was a regular menu item and substituted a salad instead of fries for a lower carb meal. I ordered the carnivore pizza with pepperoni & sausage that I shared a couple slices with my wife & Grandaughter. Very good tasting pizza for get this only $13 (a real bargain in this town). 2 other choices for pizza as well - oyster mushrooms with garlic or marguerite, both also delicious as a meal or share as an appetizer. This bar bistro is on of my family's longtime favorites. Excellent appetizer menu at reasonable prices. Good soup, especially the French onion served everyday in a crock bowl with melted cheese (best on a chilly night). No reservations necessary except on Holidays when they are always OPEN. Limited specialty dinner choices on Holidays but they execute exquisitely on those days. I have had stellar meals on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2018