“Off the beaten path on the wharf”
Review of Scoma's

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Off the beaten path on the wharf”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This restaurant is right on the water. Walking down the wharf there is a little sign that directs you down an alley. Try to get a table on the water. Great fresh seafood. Reasonably priced especially for San Francisco.

• Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent halibut ”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is right on pier and tucked behind another building but has good signage and is easy to find. The service both at the bar and table was professional and knowledgeable but not friendly. The food was excellent. We started with the crab cocktail and lobster bisque. The second best bisque I've ever had (the best was in Maine). I had the pasta and scallops which was good and possibly great at another restaurant but my wives halibut was the best fish I've ever tried simply prepared but tasteful. We ended our meal with a brownie that left me a little flat. Overall a very good meal

“Great fresh seafood”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We started out with fresh local crab and lobster bisque. Both were fantastic. My husband had the scallops over pasta which was good, but not great. I had the fresh halibut which was fantastic. It was everything fresh fish should be. We finished w a brownie, ice cream and sauce. The waitress was curt but knowledgable.

Ottawa, Canada
“Dinner on Fisherman's Wharf”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Located right on the Bay at Fisherman's Wharf with a great atmosphere and views of the fishing fleet. The food was very good, we started with the Clam Chowder followed by Mixed Seafood Grill, Hot Sampler for Two, and Salmon. Great location and we would return.

• Visited July 2014
Midland, TX
“Best Cioppino I have ever had”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I adore cioppino but rarely have a chance to have it, since we don't live in the land of seafood. A family member, knowing we were going to be in San Francisco, recommended Scoma's and said that the cioppino was the best ever. She was right! The only thing that she left out is that one order of cioppino here would easily be enough for two people. The broth was the most flavorful that I have ever had and the enormous bowl was full of seafood. The man behind us ordered cioppino but wanted only shellfish and no fish in his and the chef was able to accommodate his request. The cioppino is pricey here at $40, but this was vacation and it was a splurge for something that I rarely get to have.

I am only giving a "very good" rating simply because the other two in my party were not as wild about their entrees as I was about the cioppino. My husband had grilled tuna and said that, in all honestly, he likes the tuna that we do at home better. Our friend had the grilled seafood combo, which had three portions of grilled fish with grilled vegetables. She said that it was "good" but at $40 you sort of want "great".

Wonderful atmosphere - wait staff in white jackets, beautifully set table. Very "old world" for today's typical restaurant scene.

• Visited July 2014