“Great place for seafood”
Review of Scoma's

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you`re looking for a great place, well located and with a nice service, this is the right place. I went there also due to a friend's recommendation and got a Crab Risotto. The food was delicious and was served right on time. The dessert I chose was a Tiramisu. Also, a great choice. About the reservation, I must say that I decided to go to this place in the afternoon and I used an app called OpenTable to make my reservation. I took the cable car to that neighborhood and I ran a little late (aprox. 15min) to arrived and for my surprise, they held my reservation until my arrival. Well done. For all those reasons, I also recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank EduardoViero
scomas, Public Relations Manager at Scoma's, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hi Eduardo,

We are delighted that you were able to experience our traditional San Franciscan hospitality. We strive to surpass all expectation when it comes to quality service and exceptional food. We hope you'll stop by on your next visit to San Francisco! Looking forward to serving you again in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,214)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Me and my wife wanted a nice seafood dinner when vacationing in San Francisco a lot of locals recommended Scoma's so we went and we loved it the service first class and the food to match a little on the pricey side but it was well worth it we plan to return in September and Scoma's is on the list

1  Thank Rene M

Hi Rene,

We are so honored that you and your wife shared your seafood dining experience with us! We are delighted that you plan to return on your next visit, and recommend you try a few of our classic dishes: Cracked Dungeness Crab, Lazy Man's Cioppino or our Louis Salad (Crab or Shrimp). See you in September!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the taxi driver as the oldest fish restaurant on the bay so he dropped us on a Sunday afternoon and it was very busy so we put our name down and ordered some drinks at the bar with was really pleasant, great view and very friendly staff.

After about an hour we were shown to our table and that's where it all started to go wrong. We ordered starters and mains but waited nearly one hour for the starter to arrive which for me was the incorrect one.

The delay occurred because the waiters had swapped over. We explained to the waiter we were running out of time as we had a trip booked to Alcatraz for 6pm and so thought we should perhaps cancel our main course but he assured us it was coming and we would have plenty of time. Well that wasn't the case we had 10 minutes to eat and ended up leaving the whole of the main course. we asked him for the bill which he was so slow over bringing and then did not seem to want to give us our change so my husband went and hunted him down and requested our change which was about $30. I think the bill was about $120 and that didn't include the drinks at the bar.

From what we could tell the food was very nice but the service was far from acceptable it was awful. I wish I knew that waiters name because I would love to name and shame him he was just so slow and seemingly uninterested. Oldish rather round guy with grey hair thats as much as I know

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant and the food was great.Recommendation from Adam who took us on the segway tour.Service was excellent from Bruce.Great views.Perfection and worth the money.

1  Thank Kay1234567

Hi there!

We're thrilled that one of our locals was able to point you in the direction of our restaurant, and even more delighted that we surpassed your expectations. We hope you'll pop by the next time you're in the city and treat yourself to some of our classic San Franciscan treats!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I wanted to see some friends for dinner while I was in the city. A patient suggested that I go to this restaurant for some really great seafood. At first my friends were hesitant because we were in the "tourist" section and how good could the food really be...Well everyone ate their words as well as everything else on the table. Everything was truly delicious and it was so nice being on the water.
Give this place a try, even if you're not a "tourist".

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us! We are delighted to have changed your mind and your friends' minds about restaurants in the "tourist" area. We have been in San Francisco for nearly 50 years and continue to live up to our legacy of providing quality service and the freshest seafood. We hope you'll stop by on your next visit, and give some of our other fresh offerings a try!