“Just how good is it? Well ask one of the locals and then get excited!”
Review of Scoma's

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Eagle, Idaho
“Just how good is it? Well ask one of the locals and then get excited!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The locals, they will tell you that it is worth their time to 'put up with the tourists' to come to the wharf just to eat here. First the term 'put up' applied to me but after the meal even I would 'put up' with the tourists to eat there.
The ciopino best in the surronding area, maybe within a 50 mile radius or ……
The calamari calebrese was not so spicy as to deter the taste of the calamari. The salmon appetizer was ok and the baby bay shrimp qualified as baby. Both items tasty.
A good supply of vodkas to chose from and and the bread, did I mention the bread?
You don't often get into a restaurant and the staff all have multiple years, some decades, of service with the restaurant. First name basis and if you a first timer they make it so you know to let them know you are coming next time. I don't even offer this with my family!

Go, we had a lovely evening of weather but this is the type of place that really could make an impression in a fog laden night.

• Visited February 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lincoln, California
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We recently visited San Francisco to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary and we made reservations at Scoma's for our 1st night. They reserved a window seat for us and greeted us. Due to rain and traffic our driver we arrived 15 minutes late and they held our table w/o any complaint. The entire staff greeted us with, "Happy Anniversary" the entire evening. We shared the Pasta Diplomatica (you won't see it on the menu on this site, but request it), a light Alfredo sauce with variety of fish and fettuccine. I highly recommend it with added Parmesan cheese and side salad. It is delicious with it's scallops, shrimp, mussels, lobster,etc.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Avoid, it's not "terrible", but there a lot better places in the area for the same or less money”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I'll stick to the facts.
Service was slow and sporadic
The Seared Ahi made no mention of Wassabi (my wife hates Wassabi)
The Calamari Fritti was limp and anaemic
The vegetables tasted of fish (I know it's a seafood restaurant but come on)
The fried scallops made no mention of being battered and deep fried (deep fried scallops? I expected pan fried, although I can concede I should have asked rather than assume)
The sourdough bread was "okay" but very lack lustre by San Francisco standards

There were some highlights, the vegetables were cooked well without being over cooked (if you forgive their fishiness)
And, urm, that's it, the one positive I can think of...

For the price, you can get a lot better in the same area

Visited February 2014
2 Thank salnajjar
Lake Park, Florida
“OMG.....delish!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Garlic crabs were to die for, down to dipping the bread in to sop up all the garlic and olive oil! Wish we could go back for more. Great service from Kathleen! Thanks!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Time machine to old school dining....”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Locals recommended this place for the best seafood in the area so we took the plunge.

Located off of pier 47 in the Wharf, easy to find. Grabbed a reservation via Open Table w/o issue. Interior screams late 70's but it's elegant in a weird way. Waitstaff are progressional and it's obvious they've been doing this for a long time. Service attentive but not obtrusive. The menu on the web is self explanatory. Extensive options.

Cioppino was the best I've had. Be sure to get it spicy! Whole dungeness crab also very good.

115 for two entrees, full sale, bowl of chowder, an app, and 2 soft drinks.

Highly recommended