“Quick bite at Scomas”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Got there at 5 pm, was seated right away. The prices were off the chart expensive. Hubby & I split a seafood appetizer and he had a bowl of chowder, water to drink, bill came to $45. ouch! Chowder no better that the $7 sourdough bowl on the warf.. service was very good. would I go back? Probably not unless someone else with lots of money was paying.

There are newer reviews for Scoma's

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great place, was a bit hard to find but once you are there food is great. It was my first time trying chowder and I couldn't have chosen a better restaurant to do this. Portion size is very big as a cup of chowder and a start were more than enough to feel full! Calamari was super fresh and nicely cook, kept as tender as it should be. Staff were very friendly allowing me to charge my phone as I was having my food. Be prepared to pay slightly more for a chowder (compare to the more commercial places) but I guess quality comes at a price. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We never miss going to Scomas at least once during our San Francisco visits. We've actually done lunch and dinner there during one of our vacations.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I hope this review doesn't bore anyone. My husband & I returned to San Francisco after 35 years, on our way to visit relocated family. Top on our "must do" list was to revisit Scoma's. It did not disappoint. We arrived for a late lunch/early dinner. We were seated within five minutes. I can't say enough about viewing the water and boats while dining. Service was impeccable. Our waiter helped us decide on entrees. I had the shrimp and scallops and my husband ordered the halibut. Everything was delicious, including the fresh sour dough bread.

Yes, it was a little pricey, but I believe "you get what your pay for". Great experience...again! Fantastic setting, food and service. Hope to return in a few months.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to Scoma's on our trip to San Francisco. It was wonderful. Excellent food and great service. One of the best I have ever eaten at. Try it. You won't be dissapointed. :-)