“Fishermans wharf tradition”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
“Fishermans wharf tradition”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Great restaurant with long tradition. The staff is outstanding and service was very attentive. The decor is dated but that is part of the tradition. The food is pricey but average for the location. While many seafood options there are too many fried dishes. For first-timers you will see on the map that the restaurant is very close to the bay but most window seats face a small dock. Valet parking at front door. Not easy to find. A very nice traditional wharf restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tucson, Arizona
“Scoma's our first restaurant date!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I left the bay area in 1974 and returned several times but never made it back to Scoma’s where we had our 1st restaurant date. On this last trip, my husband looked up on the Internet and saw that they were still at the same location. We decided to have dinner there to celebrate our 44th anniversary again (which we celebrated the month before). Scoma’s did not disappoint us after all these years. Joe and Al are no longer there but Joey was there that night and came at our table to say hello.

44 years ago, Scoma’s had the best seafood in town and it is still super. My future husband wanted to impress me that night and told me he was taking me to the best seafood restaurant in San Francisco. He did not tell me the name of the restaurant and I did not ask. As it happens, I had been there with my sister’s sister-in-law who knew the owners well. I had met Joe and Al a couple of times. We arrived on a Friday night and the hostess told us the wait was about an hour. My date had already told me there would be a wait. As we were about to go sit down and wait, Joe Scoma came out and saw me and said hello. He then proceeded to find us a table. My future husband was surprised and pleased to have such a resourceful date. He proposed the following week.

It was hard to decide what to order for our dinner this last visit, but we finally ordered lobster bisque and sandabs for our entrees. Everything was delicious. This was a pleasant experience and our server did not rush our dinner even though it was a Friday night and people were already waiting for a table. We look forward to our next dinner at Scoma’s. It is still the best!

Visited June 2013
Edwardsville
“great fish restaurant”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went to Scoma's and had a good experience. The waiter was attentive although the main dish did not arrive for all 5 of us at the same time. It took a while for the last 2 plates to arrive which meant food was cooling off on the other 3 plates. That was the only thing we disliked.
The food was very good!

Pricey but worth the visit.

• Visited June 2013
Redmond, Washington
“Always a treat”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came here for lunch because we had had such a great dinner on our visit the previous year. The food was as great as I had remembered. We look forward to visiting Scoma's again on our next trip to the Bay area.

Visited July 2013
Ukiah, California
“Fresh fresh fish”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This resturant never disappoints us. Friendly staff, great waiters. The food yummy, try the sand dabs outstanding! Great wine list and cocktails. Must try this don't miss out!

• Visited June 2013