“Not worth all the hype”
Review of Scoma's

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Everyone we met in San Franscisco recommended this restaurant. The cab driver, the hotel staff, the tour guides on 2 different tour companies, they all said this was the place to eat in Fisherman's Wharf. I have to say the food was just marginal. The view was like sitting inside a mobile home. My husband did enjoy the steak very much as he isn't much on seafood. The blackened shrimp pasta only came with 3 shrimp. The server had too many tables to take care of by herself, we waited quite a while before our order was taken. She was very friendly and I appreciate her recommendation of the pumpkin cheesecake. We won't eat there again, we will try something different next time.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I've eaten here numerous times yet I've never odered anything but cioppino. Take it from someone that orders cioppino in every restaurant that has it on the menu.
Unlike many others, they don't overload it with clams and mussels, they pile on the crab, shrimp, fish and scallops.
I'm a big guy that eats big portions but I struggle to finish off this huge portion. The broth is just spicy enough to bring bold flavor but not offending, even to those who don't like spicy.
I can't say much for the physical space in which the restaurant resides (it looks like a double wide trailer including the dated wood paneling) but that isn't important once you dig into the tasty bowl of seafood stew. My friends and family tell me the other options are good too but who cares! Enjoy a great bow of cioppino.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Scomas has been on the water for 70 years and delivers a bay view,good service and great fresh fish. The scallops are perfect and the halibut a morning caught delight. A must visit for a nice meal in San Francisco!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Loved the white jacketed waiters who were so attentive and who served us promptly when we told them we had a flight to catch. On a friend's recommendation, chose Crab Louis - delicious and could have easily served two people. Great location smack on the wharf - great, old fashioned charm.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Don't miss it, a once in a lifetime opportunity to eat like a king, King Louie that is. Go with the wait staff recomendations, they know best!

1  Thank DonZinn