“Kid friendly and easy (except parking)”

Barney's Gourmet Hamburgers
Ranked #1,127 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This is one of our go-to comfort food spots. It's not far from home though far enough to require a drive and the parking is pretty tough. But once there the kid menu is simple and always easy to get my 11 year old daughter something she will actually eat. As for me, not a beef eater, there are turkey or vege burgers with different yummy toppings and enough interesting salads to keep me happy. My kid can also, as a splurge, get a really really great milkshake. The TV is a bit of a drag but if I pay close enough attention to seating we can survive it. If we have to sit with it in her line of sight then that's it for the meal, but that's true for any place with a TV.

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I live in the neighborhood but hadn't been to this restaurant in years (I don't eat burgers), but my daughter is a carnivore so I agreed to try it. I ordered the Cobb Salad and what I was served did not resemble a Cobb in any stretch of the imagination. Who ever heard of a Cobb without chopped salad, with bite size pieces of each ingredient? This one was all mixed together and quite small for the price. I was so disappointed and when I told my server she tried to argue with me! Anyway, I sent the salad back and ordered a veggie burger which came to the table cold. It was inedible. I had a few of my daughters fries for lunch and left hungry. Will never go to Barney's again. That's what you get when you go to a burger place and order a salad!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

After arriving at the Oakland airport and experiencing the craziness of getting across the Bay Bridge - we arrived at our Noe Valley rental and were looking for somewhere that our family of five would enjoy eating for a late dinner. Barney's was just round the corner from our house - GOOD CHOICE. They offer a unique variety of burgers and fries. The milkshakes are AWESOME. We tried the Paris burger with blue cheese on a baguette - very tasty. One of my children had a burger with bbq sauce and onion straws and one had the kids meal cheeseburger with fries. They are both asking o go back before we travel back home. We ordered the parmesan onion rings and season fries. Both were delicious. We were there rather late - the restaurant was not super full and our service was very good. The waitress was pleasant and willing to answer all of our questions.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Loved the curly fries and the burgers are still tasty and memorable. Ate here some years ago and we weren't disappointed. Glad that we dined here again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What an amazing find. Yes, it's a burger restaurant but that's not all they do! Plus, I defy you to find anything that isn't incredible. Possibly the best burger I've ever had. We were a group of 6. All of our food was brought out together, perfectly cooked and very quickly. Everyone enjoyed their meals and was suitably full after. You definitely do not need an extra portion of fries each!

There is outside seating but the weather didnt allow for it. If you're in the area, give it a try.

We'll be back!