“Holy COW! (Santa Baca?)”

Barney's Gourmet Hamburgers
Ranked #1,298 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Noe Valley
San Francisco, California
“Holy COW! (Santa Baca?)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I can understand why the word "gourmet" is in the title of the restaurant. I have never seen such a variey of burgers with so many options that can be added to them. They also offer new, specialty burgers, which i decided to try. My choice was the Brisket Burger, topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions, cheddar cheese, and avocado. I had it on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion, and thousand island dressing.

(Mi comida estubo muy sabrosa - My food was very delicious. Not only do you get great food and service but Jose gives Spanish lessons. The bottomless drip coffee was very good and
this will be a place that I hope to return to many times.

• Visited July 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing selection of burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Loved all of the menu selections of the many ways to create a fabulous burger! Went w/ a traditional cheesburger and another w/ avocado, bacon & cheese. The setting is clean and staff friendly. The sweet potato fries were great! Would return for sure!

Visited June 2012
San Francisco, Ca
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had great, real meat burgers that tasted fresh and were perfectly cooked. The restaurant was very busy, but service was all right, considering. The fries were excellent as well. We would eat there again for the value and the food quality.

• Visited March 2012
United States of America
“Great food. Not-so-great service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I really like Hardee's and only eat there when I want a tasty, but fast burger. Barney's was a bit better. They had curly fries that came with a side of ranch sauce. The ranch sauce was not your ordinary Hidden Valley. It was delish! I ordered a cajun/Louisiana burger which had a nice dipping sauce with it too. My partner ordered a burger that had an overdose of bacon. It was so much that he had to take some off his burger and he loves bacon!

Service wasn't so great. After taking our order, our server left us without checking in again. They also seemed to be short of servers, especially since a party of 12 came in shortly after we ordered.

Overall, great food; not-so-great service.

Visited November 2011
San Francisco, California
“Great burgers, hit and miss service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

I love the big burgers there, especially the ones with bacon. I also like the milk shakes. They are generous with their thick, crispy bacon. The lower rating is because the last time I went, (and it will be the last) we ordered ahead for take out, and the order took 50 minutes (after the 15 minutes we waited after we called the order in). We were told on the phone it would be 10-15 minutes. I understand that places get busy and backed up, but please inform the customer, or at the least a simple "I'm sorry", or maybe a discount or free item? None of that happened.

I won't go there again.