“I thought I was back in Italy!”
Review of Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa
Ranked #206 of 5,777 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My brother, my sister-in-law, my husband, and I were strolling by looking for somewhere interesting to eat. We went in, ordered and when the food came, it was so fragrant and delicious we thought we were back in Italy! The atmosphere, and the service were excellent.We would definitely go back when we are back in San Francisco, and would recommend it to anyone visiting the city. It was truly an experience.

There are newer reviews for Mona Lisa

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Walked by this place and almost didn't go in. Ciro met us at the menu outside while attending to another table and smiled so brightly that we waited for his return. He sat us at a generous table (something that many restaurants fail to do during their slower times) and allowed us time to review the well balanced and reasonable wine list. No rush to order, he left us to enjoy our first sips of wine. It all went uphill from there. The first course was great, but the entrees were outstanding. We had the Steak with Gorgonzola and the Veal Mona Lisa (A Marsala with Prosciutto). Neither of us could finish. The Service by Ciro was first rate; attentive but not smothering. We will be back and with friends next time.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Happened to walk by during our visit to S.F. We were looking for some place to have dinner and the man standing on the sidewalk invited us in. WOW!! The interior is impressive enough. The service was fast and the food was excellent.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Old school Italian, more Southern Italian. Bolognese Sauce is a meat sauce not Bolognese but a good meat sauce. Salads were fresh but at our table the winner was the Alfredo. The pasta was perfectly prepared. Service was slow and very inconsistent. We have eaten here before and always had great service.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The one thing in this world that I can hang my hat on is knowing really good Italian food. I learned it as a kid, eating my grandmothers specialties. Rest assured, this San Francisco North Beach restaurant is a gem. The ambience, the service, and the food is fantastic. You won't go wrong here. A huge menu, nice portions of al dente pasta will make you happy. Go, trust me.