“Yum!”

Cross street: Grant Ave
Sydney, Australia
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We found this restaurant by watching the infomercials on the hotel TV and were intrigued. So glad that we actually took a chance. The meals are huge so come hungry. Make sure yo take the staff advice on the traditional way to eat the rice. You won't be disappointing.

• Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“A bit pricey, but highly recommended!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Like many other Kebab lovers, I ought to try any Kebab restaurant in cities I visit around the world. And Maykadeh Persian cuisine did not disappoint me, that's why I care to leave a positive review. The food was perfect in terms of taste, volume and authenticity of the main followed by specialty desserts. The only complaint I may have is the price, but if you walk into other restaurants around, you will find that it is not overpriced, as we spent around the same in almost every restaurant we visited in that area, but the food was not as fulfilling. The staff who took our orders did not know Persian at all, so they mixed up the foods original names while ordering, but no fuss at all. Apart from this, the service was good.

• Visited March 2012
“Great food and excellent service.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting the Bay Area and were taken to Maykadeh for lunch. The quality of food was high and the service was excellent. The filet kabob was cooked to perfection and the koobideh was flavorful and juicy. The sabzi was fresh. The presentation of the dishes were traditional and beautiful.

Baltimore, Maryland
“From a Persian: Totally disappointed”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This place has a nice enough location and ambiance, but the food is absolutely sub-par. It would be disappointing even if it were 50% cheaper. My father said it was one of the worst kabobs he's ever had, and he makes it a point to go to a chelokabobi everywhere he goes. I had the sabzi polo mahi (rice with greens and seabass, a Persian new year tradition), which was alright. My parents had kabobs both and both could only eat a few bites. It cost us $140 to get some food to give to the homeless!

The Rocky Mountain Oysters are ok, but not traditional Iranian, which is grilled.

The waitstaff was fine, although there were 4 different people taking our orders. At the end, right when the check came, a girl came by and put a fresh plate of bread on our table. We figured it was a mistake. Then a couple of minutes later, she came and picked it up and moved it to the new table next to us. I've never known anywhere else where it's ok to pick up food from one table and put it on another, even if it hasn't been touched.

All in all, you're probably way better off just attempting to make Persian food yourself. If you're Persian yourself, don't even bother. WAAAAAAY overpriced for bad food.

• Visited March 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“outstanding food...cannot give it a higher rating”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The food at this restaurant is top notch. The best 'Soltani' I've ever tasted. The meat is tender, melts in your mouth. The service is excellent. Appetizers are tasty. The staff is friendly. All in all, just a superb experience. I visit this restaurant every time I go to San Francisco...this past visit I went twice in one week the food is so good.

• Visited February 2012