“Neighborhood Restaurant - Great Food”
Review of Ristorante Ideale

Ristorante Ideale
Ranked #206 of 5,796 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Here with friends who come here often. We were not disappointed. We were glad they made the recommendation, and glad we came here a little early as the noise level of conversations gets higher, like most places, as the evening goes on.
Special of homemade fettucini with scallops was outstanding. Mussels dish, as well as gnocchi were perfect, as was the tiramisu - one of the best we've had - anywhere.
Reservations accepted.
No parking available, and there is not enough space on the sidewalk for outside seating.
A fine place for meeting with friends - the staff was low key and friendly, yet fully professional.
Would certainly want to come back here again. Chef Maurizio Bruschi has done a great job with this restaurant.
Please note if you find this review helpful. 415-391-4129

1  Thank PublicHealthRxDoc

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Exactly what I look for when I eat out at a restaurant. Relaxed feel, excellent food, great selection of wine. All pasta is made in-house. (What the person who recommended it to me said).
I knew it was going to be a great meal when I tasted the olive oil, that I was given to dip bread in.

1  Thank Clark418
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This North Beach Italian was recommended to us by a complete stranger sitting next to us at a classical concert at a cafe/bar in the Mission. We were blown away by Ideale. Great food, atmosphere and service! Many perhaps most of the other customers were speaking Italian as did most of the staff. Total bill including wine less than $100 for two. L had papardella with lamb ragu and I had a special with seafood. Both were excellent. Nice selection of wines including wines by the glass. Thank you to the stranger who recommended this great restaurant. As strangers we recommend it too!

1  Thank 49Bill
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A collegue and I ate here after seeing Beach Blanket Babylon a few blocks away. Fortunately we had a reservation otherwise the wait was lengthy.
My meal was amazing, the tomato and mozzerella salad, the lasagna, and tiramisu. However, my collegue went the fish route of calamari and the fish special of the night. She felt both were over cooked.

I hope to return again on my next time in town to try the pizza. It looked so good. I did notice the table behind us ordered something from each of the four menu sections and ate them family style, a perfect option for more than just two people.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this restaurant from our guide book and decided to give it a go. Unfortunately for us we arrived at the same time a party of 8 did and they seemed to get all of the waiters attention. They were obviously spending more money than the two of us and seemed to get a better treatment of service which was a shame as the food was some of the best Italian we have ever had!
Judged by the food this place was excellent its just a shame the service was poor!
The table next to us got waited on hand and foot, we didn't get offered the specials which we over heard after we had placed our order, we asked for the desert menu and got brought the bill! (Ended up finding a good ice cream place instead!)
If you want good rustic Italian then give it a go we may have just been out of luck on the service!