“Great Recommendation”
Review of Ristorante Ideale

Ristorante Ideale
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Ideale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 6,032 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This North Beach Italian was recommended to us by a complete stranger sitting next to us at a classical concert at a cafe/bar in the Mission. We were blown away by Ideale. Great food, atmosphere and service! Many perhaps most of the other customers were speaking Italian as did most of the staff. Total bill including wine less than $100 for two. L had papardella with lamb ragu and I had a special with seafood. Both were excellent. Nice selection of wines including wines by the glass. Thank you to the stranger who recommended this great restaurant. As strangers we recommend it too!

1  Thank 49Bill

Reviewed November 10, 2012

A collegue and I ate here after seeing Beach Blanket Babylon a few blocks away. Fortunately we had a reservation otherwise the wait was lengthy.
My meal was amazing, the tomato and mozzerella salad, the lasagna, and tiramisu. However, my collegue went the fish route of calamari and the fish special of the night. She felt both were over cooked.

I hope to return again on my next time in town to try the pizza. It looked so good. I did notice the table behind us ordered something from each of the four menu sections and ate them family style, a perfect option for more than just two people.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this restaurant from our guide book and decided to give it a go. Unfortunately for us we arrived at the same time a party of 8 did and they seemed to get all of the waiters attention. They were obviously spending more money than the two of us and seemed to get a better treatment of service which was a shame as the food was some of the best Italian we have ever had!
Judged by the food this place was excellent its just a shame the service was poor!
The table next to us got waited on hand and foot, we didn't get offered the specials which we over heard after we had placed our order, we asked for the desert menu and got brought the bill! (Ended up finding a good ice cream place instead!)
If you want good rustic Italian then give it a go we may have just been out of luck on the service!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We looked up restaurants on the internet for San Francisco for dinner. Restaurant Ideale received very good reviews, so we made reservations for one night. We were promptly seated at a nice table. The service was good during our stay. The appetizers were great. The best thing to get, especially the calamari. The main course entrees were very disappointing. I would only go back for the appetizers.

1  Thank Woofie551
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My dad and I stumbled over Ideale after rejecting another local recommendation that was low on atmosphere. A really buzzy place we were drawn by the people, the food on the tables, the short menu and the reasonable prices. We were not disappointed.
My starter of fennel, orange, walnut and Gorgonzola salad was perfectly balanced and the hand made veal ravioli as authentic as I have ever had in Rome. The tiramisu was light and the espresso was full not bitter.
The service was functionary though efficient enough. The food is left to speak for itself. We left with that smiley, satisfied feeling - full not ripped off or bloated - very happy customers.