“Trattoria Volare ~ Superb!”

Trattoria Volare Caffe
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent window table.
House wine.
Pasta del Pescatore (huge Shrimp and lots of seafood!)
Penne with meat sauce.
Coffees
TIRAMISU

wonderful service, food and ambiance!
will be back!
Talk about being there for dinner every day since returning!

They have a large screen in the back of the restaurant where they play Italian movies. It makes it very relaxing!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose the Trattora Volare Caffe at random and were very pleased with our choice. It is small and of course, crowded, but we sat at the bar, which we don't mind doing, and had great service. I requested a change to a menu item and they were glad to oblige. The food was really very good and the prices quite reasonable.

1  Thank msmcd
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped here in a Friday @ 4:00 with no reservation and using a 4-person Groupon. We were shown to a great table by a window. Service was excellent. As was our meal. We choose two appetizers: Prosciutto E Melone with Fresh Mozzarell and Calamari Fritti. We cleaned both plates. For dinners we had Fettuccine Alla Boscailoa, Pasta Del Pescatore, Tortellini Alla Panna and Polla Alla Parmigiana. We were all very happy with our choices. For dessert (came with Groupon) we took a cheesecake home and all split a Limoncello Di Tartufo--so good!!!!! Although the Groupon stated that our choices were slightly limited choices under certain prices, our waiter told us right up front to choose anything that we wanted.

4  Thank lovingsonoma
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our friends chose this restaurant because they had a great offer on Groupon. Right in the heart of Telegraph Hill the area was very busy for a Sunday night. First the ambiance and food were first rate. The veal stuffed tortellini were homemade and outstanding! So was the bruschetta appetizers. All of us agreed the food was excellent. I don't think the waiter appreciated the Groupon we brought and this is usually the case at any restaurant that advertses coupouns to bring in customers. But my feeling is that if you are the restaurant owner you are using this advertising method to draw clients in, then they shouldn't be made to feel bad becuase they took you up on your offer! That aside the ambience was great with an Italian feel that felt authentic and not cheesy. I liked the old Italian movie that was running on the wall opposite me. I thought it added a great touch. Prices were what you would expect for a nice restaurant. I wish the wait staff had been a little more attentive and a little more friendly. It took a long time to get their attention for refills and also for me to get my after dinner coffee (beware it comes in a giant serving mug!). No matter I enjoyed it all the same. Would go back when in town and bring friends too. Would recommend.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Want great Italian food and waiters to sing with you? Visit Volares. We loved the food, the waiters, the service and the atmosphere. Their homemade pasta was marvelous.

1  Thank Peggy Frost E