“Forest would have approved.”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market
Ranked #125 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
London, United Kingdom
“Forest would have approved.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Went in a group of 5, the resturant was very busy but we only needed to wait 10 minutes before we were shown to our table. And what a great table with super views of San Francisco Bay. The food, it was of course Shrimp BUT some of the best Shrimp I have had. In particular the coconut Shrimp which was EXCELLENT.
The service was friendly and attentive, the drinks were fun and the Tennesse Iced Tea though a little weak in the Bourbon side was very tasty yummmmmmm.

So resturants maybe like a box of chocolates you, never know what you're gonna get. But I now do know what I will get at Bubba Gump ....fun resturant, good food, great service and the at Pier 39 super views.

• Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston
“Better than I expected - food and view were great!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We wandered back after our tour and decided "why not" - we'll try Bubba Gumps. I was expecting a touristy, so-so food place with a great view. To my surprise, the fried shrimp were some of the best I have ever had! The waitress was fun and friendly and gave good advice on the portions and what to order. My daughter doesn't like seafood (go figure!) and had a tasty chicken dish. We were on the 2nd row from the windows but still had a great view of the passing sailboats. We got to see the America's Cup sailboat pass by several times. We were able to linger for a bit to enjoy the view and take in the ambience. We had a dessert sampler that was amazing (but we couldn't finish.) I guess we were lucky since we only waited about 10 minutes (around 1:30) so I have no complaints. It was a fun, enjoyable place - worth trying - don't be scared off by other reviews.

• Visited July 2013
Boise, Idaho
“LOVE the food here!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place has a really cool atmosphere. The food is GREAT and menu variety as well. I love shrimp so seeing all the choices is an amazing! I had a great experience and our waiter Chris? was great as well. I will definitely be coming by here again every time I am in town.

• Visited August 2013
Jarvenpaa, Finland
“Nice piece of movie history”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the atmosphere, all that movie stuff was fun! Food was little bit expensive, but it tasted great. Specially shrips were great! And views to the sea, really nice views actually!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Its the shrimpin business”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great customer service and I love the trivia which I won and received a free beverage. The veiw from our table was just awesome. I just love the atmosphere that is there and the staff make it that much better.

• Visited July 2013