“Once was enough”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Waitress asked us if we wanted garlic bread with our meal, We said sure and then were very surprised to see a charge of $5.29 for the bread. Felt like we were deceived. Would not care to return after that.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,873)

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have never eaten here before, but have been to bubba gump in Florida, so i kind of knew what to expect. The location of this particular one is just perfect, if it's not foggy, you can see Alcatraz. The food, in my opinion, was good. We offered schrimp lover's heaven (or something like that ;-)) and a steak. I liked the shrimps and the sauces and the meat was juicy and tender, which i actually didn't expect. There was a downside though. I ordered a hefeweizen beer (24oz) and kind of didn't ask about the price. Honestly, i thought: well, how much could it be?! Imagine my surprise when i got the check and it turned out that the beer cost 12.99$!!! Really?! 3$ more than most of the cocktails?! Since i didn't ask myself i didn't say anything, but if you order something and the price isn't listed, i would recommend you ask twice before ordering it. Other than that everything was fine.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

On vacation & my girlfriend wanted desperately to eat at Bubba Gumps. She liked her food but didn't love it. Mine was blah shrimp po boy-tasteless w cold fries.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

On our US trips we have been to different Bubba Gumps so we knew what was to come. In fact the Bubba Gump food is not a smashing quality thing at all, it's a chain restaurant after all and is predictable (the cocktails are great though!). So I usually wouldn't mention it in my reviews. However this Bubba Gump restaurant is absolutely more fun than any other I've been before. First of all it's located at the very end of the pier with a great view on Alcatraz and the SF bay - a lovely location indeed. But the best part is that the staff is sooo much fun that we couldn't stop laughing. It was loud and cheerful and guests and waiters interacted within the entire restaurant. Food became practically secondary. It was like a giant party. When we left our faces were sore of laughter and we were in a splendid mood. Well done, folks! Thanks for the great time!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice location by the sea. Outdoor seating allows you to soak up the atmosphere of being in Monterey. Shrimps was excellent and pesto pasta was good!