“Travelzoo coupon”

Albona Ristorante Istriano
Reserve with OpenTable
Albona Ristorante Istriano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #212 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Taylor & Mason Sts.
Transit: Last stop of the Powell-Mason Cable Car Line at Taylor and Francisco Sts. (1/2 a block away). No. 30 Bus stops at Columbus Ave. and Francisco St. (1 & 1/2 blocks).
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just scored a Travelzoo coupon to Albona for $65 for dinner for two - two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts. Check it out!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My colleague and I decided to try Albona based upon TripAdvisor reviews. We decided to walk to the restaurant from Pier 39, which wasn't far, but in retrospect a bit off the beaten path. We had trouble finding the restaurant, and were pleased to be rescued by a waiter waving at us from across the street. This place was fabulous, both in terms of food and service. I had a dinner special of salmon, which was one of the culinary highlights of our trip! Even through this restaurant does not have a full bar, we enjoyed our wine selections immensely!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We decided to try Albona based on reviews read here and were very happy with our decision. We were starving after a day of travel and were the first people to arrive at 5pm with no reservations. The place seemed to fill up as the evening progressed so reservations are probably a good idea.
Our waiter, Joe, was very attentive and spent a lot of time going over items in the menu with us and promising that as soon as the bread came out of the oven a basket would land at our table ( it did).
My husband had their mushroom soup and I had a wonderful appetizer of poached pears and gorgonzola. For an entree I tried their wild salmon with roasted veggies and my husband had the three cheese filled ravioli. Both dishes were great.
We skipped dessert and are not wine drinkers but tables around us seemed to be enjoying those items. Although some reviewers thought this to be a pricey restaurant I would disagree, the price was very reasonable for the quality of the food and the service.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We walked past the restaurant the first time, as they are small and unassuming. VERY glad we called, as they walked out the door, and waved to greet us. The Mussels were excellent app, the Veal Shank my son and I ordered were excellent both with the normal side, as well as the mushroom Risotto I asked for. The one meal that was OUTSTANDING above and beyond was the Braised Rabbit my older son ordered.... we were skeptical, he was adventurous.. and are we glad he was.... totally insanely great, with a large portion slow cooked in an outstanding sauce!

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Albona is very highly rated on Trip Advisor and deservedly so. We visited on a Wednesday night and that may have added to our experience. It was a slow night and service was fantastic- I expect though that service is great every night. Jose served us and was fantastic. Great wine recommendation and very accommodating.

We ordered their calamai al forna and omg the sauce was out of this world. I did not think food could get any better until I tasted their strudel con pasta fatta in casa. Trust me, just order it :)

Enjoy!!!