“Fabulous Italian”

Albona Ristorante Istriano
Reserve with OpenTable
Albona Ristorante Istriano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 5,861 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Taylor & Mason Sts.
Transit: Last stop of the Powell-Mason Cable Car Line at Taylor and Francisco Sts. (1/2 a block away). No. 30 Bus stops at Columbus Ave. and Francisco St. (1 & 1/2 blocks).
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Great food at a good price. Waiters are knowledgeable and service is what you would expect in a top restaurant. Be hungry though as portions are very large.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Decide to try this place and it was the best food. I had the seafood risota and it was amazing. The server was friendly and very knowledgeable of the restaurant

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The food was ok, but I can't belive it is No. 4 in SF. We paid 110$ for two and neither the restaurant nor the food justified that price. We had clams (definitely have seen fresher ones im my life), a mixed salat, 3 Cheese tortelni with sage Butter (my friend had the impression they were precooked and heated up again... Hello?), and suted salmon wih lemon sauce... well, nothing great... certainly couldn' t be bothed to go back again...
Nice service though...

1  Thank ClemensHummel
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were greeted at Albona at the time of our reservation and seated immediately. The only reason why I call it uncharacteristic is because, being from just outside of Manhattan, these are not the recipes that run of the mill Italian restaurants serve. That said, everything was delicious and there was a romantic atmosphere with great service. I would definitely recommend Albona to a friend.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our party of 6 was treated to an outstanding evening of scrumptious food and first rate service.
I contacted Sam ahead of our June 1st arrival and he created extra touches (personalized menus, Prosecco) that were icing on the cake. The ambiance in the restaurant is inviting and our waiters were very attentive but not hovering. I had the Strudel con pasta fatta in casa and it was so delicious; very authentic dish. My husband said the veal shank was succulent and every guest raved about their meal. Thank you to Sam and all of your staff for making this our most memorable celebration!