“Best Jook in SF.”

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

Best Jook in SF.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This is our fav Lobster/Clam Porridge, Roast Duck, "Ma Keok" in San Francisco. A must-go every time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good food for good prices but some dishonest worker”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2005

I really like the porridge and shrimp dumpling noodles in Hing Lung. However I usually buy take-out instead of eating there cause it has a very funny smell, like roaches although I have never seen any.

Hing Lung has a promotion for dining between 3-5 pm and 10-12 pm on Mondays to Thursdays. Many of the items are almost half priced at those hours, but only for dine-in customers. One Wednesday night, after a game of tennis, we decided to eat Hing Lung instead of take-out only because we expected it to be cheaper. We were there at 10.15 pm. The waiter brought us a menu but we told him what we wanted cause that was our usual orders. When we have eaten and my husband paid for the bill, I realized that there was no discount and I asked the waiter. He rudely answered that if I wanted the special price, I should have asked during the order and just walked off. That was very annoying, so next time if you are there thinking that you can have the special price, please make sure to ask him when you are ordering.