“Fantastic!”

Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A classic Italian food place in the heart of the Italian quarter in North Beach! The atmosphere is nothing to write home about (it is really a small family-type local place not a big glitzy restaurant), but the food was just terrific!
I had the Linguine with meatballs, and everything about it seemed to remind me of the Italian food I had gotten in my youth - excellent through and through.
The prices are also extremely reasonable, while the serving sizes are generous.
Be aware that, like many places in this area, it does not open for business until 5:00 (except on weekends). But by all means, I'd recommend this place highly and would love to go back next time I'm in SF.

• Visited October 2013

“Oh, Wow! I am drooling!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Two words...Clam Linguine! We stumbled upon this place after searching for Italian on a Sunday and so glad I found it! The salad was amazing too! We will be back the next time we are in SF!

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun family atmosphere and great italian food!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We asked one of the people working the front desk of our hotel for a restaurant recommendation and he recommended Sodini's. We were very glad we took his advice! It was a casual atmosphere and the food was very tasty. My husband got the meatball panini and I got the pizza . . .both were delicious and everything that the waitress was bringing out for people around us looked great too!

• Visited October 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“Great place!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were looking for a neighborhood restaurant for a good Italian meal. Sodini's was recommended to us and we immediately called for reservations, because it was Saturday night!! We were told they don't take reservations, and it was recommended to come early as it gets busier as the night goes on. We arrived about 6:30 pm and the place was hopping! We were very fortunate, and were seated right away at the last open table. The servers were so friendly and helpful! The food was great and the prices were just what we expected them to be. The portions were generous, but not extreme and we had an exceptional experience! The lines of people waitiing, were as they said, longer as it got later. The one thing that I really noticed was that even though they had lots of folks waiting to get seated, they DID NOT rush you out. In fact, we asked for our check so that we could make room for someone else and our server acted a little offended. They treat their regulars like family and it was a great experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Lansing, Michigan
“A North Beach Tradition”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have dined at Sodini's on several occasions and it continues to be a San Francisco favorite. The staff is very friendly and you get that special neighborhood welcome. Portions are good sized and yummy!!! I enjoy the old Italy atmosphere with a real taste of Italy!

Visited September 2013