“Sadly, Chef Jia has left the room!”
Review of Chef Jia's - CLOSED

Chef Jia's
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was disappointed last week when I discovered that Chef Jia's is no longer in business. The restaurant is now the Xian Dumpling house. I tried several different kinds of dumplings from the new owners and while they were all good, I will mis the chef!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Amazing Chinese food. Went with some friends here and it was a super good decision as they have an amazing menu. Everything sounded incredible and we probably ordered too much, but it was worth it. All the food that came out was splendid. Full of flavor, fresh, it had good presentation. Really a good place for amazing Chinese style food.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I dragged several friends from a business meeting off to Chef Jia. We walked past two more famous places (I've eaten at both and the food is not as good) and into the little hole in the wall that is Chef Jia. With a big crowd, we ordered pretty much one of everything: they brought us another table just for our food! Service was excellent and so was the food, and my friends were impressed that I knew a place where it seemed only locals ate. They take reservations but not credit cards, so BRING CASH.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I went here twice on a short trip to San Francisco. It has good service and a relaxed atmosphere for an informal dining experience. This is an inexpensive restaurant, but the Honey Chilli Chicken is delicious. Portions are so big that both times I went, I took half my meal home in a box. $10 per person is enough for one course plus tip.
Cash only accepted though!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this little spot and we were not disappointed. The prices were good so we ordered more than we could eat, just to try different dishes. All of it was good. The pork could be crispier for our taste but the food was hit, fresh and tasty. We loved the fact that they used lots of fresh veggies. We'd go back!