“Crepes how they should be!”
Review of Sophie's Crepes

Sophie's Crepes
Ranked #71 of 151 Dessert in San Francisco
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Delicious crepes, crispy but soft in all the right ways. A nice range of fillings, both sweet and savoury, all for a reasonable price.

Service was friendly though it's more a place to get food to go as there are only a few tables.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

Whenever we visit J-Town in San Francisco, we have to stop and have a crepe at Sophie’s crepes. This place is so awesome. I really don’t like the soft, doughy crepes. I love these thin, crispy crepes, way better. My favorite crepe is the mixed fruit (kiwi, strawberry, banana) with whip creme and chocolate syrup.

I haven’t tried the gelato crepes but they look really messy and that’s why I haven’t tried them yet. Although I’m sure they are good because I see lots of people ordering them. Maybe one day I will be courageous enough to be messy and try a gelato crepe.

I have tried the savory crepes. I had the egg salad one which was okay. It was just egg and mayonnaise and lettuce, nothing too fancy or exciting. I also had a ham and cheese one. Once the crepe is ready they will put the cheese on top to melt it into the crepe, then the ham and mayonnaise. Although I will just stick to the dessert crepes.

Although the owner and this girl who worked there a long long time ago were really good at making crepes. They were perfect. They would go all the way to the edges of the circle that they cook on. The guy who currently makes the crepes totally sucks. I mean he will give a messed up crepe to the customer. The owner and the girl would throw it away and start over. This guy will just give you a crepe with holes or rips in them.

Even though I have my complaints about this guy, we still go there and have crepes. My 7 year old totally loves these crepes and he’s not big on sweets. Although usually he has a plain cinnamon sugar and butter crepe but he will eat 3 in one sitting. My 3 year old loves their strawberry crepes with whip creme and chocolate syrup.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

i visited because it was suggested to me. The crepes were good but they cook the crepes a little too crunchy for my taste. They are also served like a wrap in a paper cone. I prefer them soft and eaten with a knife and fork. They do have some unique ethnic flavors. I tried the strawberry with nutella and the red bean with green tea. I would not make a special trip here since there are other places to find crepes. I found a great one at Pier 39

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I really missed crepes I had in Japan, so when I saw this place, I was glad. However, I was a little bit disappointed. I expected to have Japanese style crepes here since this shop is in Japantown, but they're just typical crepes. Now I've found a better place in the same building serving Japanese style crepes and I went there every time I'm in SF.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

The crepes were ok, but definitely not up to the hype. If you're in the neighborhood and wanting a crepe, stop in. Otherwise, it's not worth a special trip.