“quick and good”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Marina District
Reviewed November 22, 2011

easy to order and get to go or eat there. Excellent for ordering for a party. Service is good and the only down side is parking in the Marina.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Every time that I am visiting San Francisco I make sure to have a couple meals at Asqew Grill. I have eaten at the Marina location and the Haight Ashbury location. I have a slight preference for the Marina location. I have found the staff to be friendlier and the food a smidge better. I am vegetarian so I order the Tofu Skewers with a side. The white wine butter sauce that the tofu is marinated in is out of this world. It is probably one of the best things I have ever eaten (no exaggerations here). This past trip to San Francisco I finally had a thre course meal at Greens and I honestly enjoyed my Asqew meal over Greens. Of course Greens has a lovely atmosphere but both my partner and I were disappointed with their food. The best thing about Asqew is the price, a meal under $10 that tastes that good is hard to come by.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I ordered a grilled chicken skewer with lime cilantro jasmine rice and my wife had the aloha burger (burger with a slice of pineapple) with a side of polenta. Both meals were really good and were delivered to our table in less than 10 minutes.

The service was quick and the people running the restaurant were really friendly.

Because of the big grill in the small restaurant space, it was a bit hot, but we chose a table by the open sliding glass door and enjoyed the cool San Francisco breeze.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Lhasa beer? Ain't seen that one at my local beverage distributor. No plans to climb Everest on my itinerary, so this is probably as close as I'm gonna get to base camp.
Nuthin' like some liquid from the highlands of Tibet to wash down a neat little lunch at Asqew Grill.

Hit happy hour and got an assortment of grilled vegetables, kobe beef sliders, hummus and beer at dirt cheap prices. It's an open BBQ grill, and they like to play with skewers here. Food was pretty darn good. Perfect place for a light lunch/indoor picnic.

Just in town for a quickie vacation...This is the kinda place that's just screamin' for you to run the menu, and that's on the agenda for our next visit.

(On an unrelated topic, I'm assuming somebody at Asqew plays Scrabble and realized that the "Q" is worth 10 points and the "K" only 5, and that's why my spellcheck function is reading "TILT".)

Reviewed August 10, 2010

While visiting S.F. my friend introduced us to Asqew her favorite restaurant. We don`t usually care for the go up to the counter type place but we loved this place. Good value for your money, wonderful friendly staff and the food was great and served promptly, cooked to perfection. We ate there three out of the seven nights that we were there.