“Very reasonable for San Francisco”
Review of Via Veneto

Via Veneto
Ranked #847 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
San Diego
“Very reasonable for San Francisco”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have eaten here several times on visits to San Francisco and the food is consistently good. Some of our family are vegetarian so there were lots of options for everyone. Restaurants in San Francisco can be very expensive but Via Veneto is very reasonable with a varied menu and excellent service. The restaurant is on Fillmore street which is truly charming area. We have never been disappointed with the food or the wine.

• Visited March 2012

“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We dined at Via Veneto this past week and really enjoyed the ambiance. The service was great and we found the menu and wine selection delightful- A great meal- It is in a great location on Fillmore street - We will return again

• Visited June 2012
Centralia, Potomia
“Ah, the memories”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I first dined at Via Veneto in 1954, fell in love with the food, was introduced to a wonderful Charles Krug light white, traded bad Italian jokes with the wait staff, and have looked forward to my next visit to this charming restaurant through its various regenerations over the years when I infrequently visit that gorgeous city by the bay Over the years as I became the very suave and sophisticated being I now am, my tastes developed and improved but I still find Via Veneto's vitello dishes welcome and delicious. This is the kind of restaurant one would come back to visit forever, though I am reasonably certain the original family operation long ago disappeared and that some corporate entity owns ands runs the establishment. Whatever, the current owners have done a good job of training and directing staff, including cooks, and this is still a charming place for family dining in a city where there is virtually no end of outstanding eateries even with Ernie's and the Blue Fox, among so many other old favorites, no longer available. I look forward to my next visit no matter where the restaurant may have moved.

• Visited April 2012
Fresno, CA
“Excellent, authentic Italian food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is our favorite Italian restaurant in San Francisco. It serves excellent, authentic Italian fare, and is flexible to accommodate special requests such as linguine pescatore with white sauce (the menu indicates a red sauce), which is my favorite. The calamari fritti here is perhaps the best I have ever had - very lightly breaded, perfectly cooked, with a wonderful, mildly spicy sauce. I always also have the calamari salad, which is fresh and tasty. My wife usually has Caesar salad, which is also excellent. Her favorite main course is one and a half portions of the steamed mussels, which are wonderful. My favorite is the linguine pescatore with white sauce as is the veal saltimboca, both of which are wonderfully tasty. For dessert, I find the crepes excellent, especially the orange flavored one. Overall, an excellent, intimate, friendly restaurant serving excellent authentic Italian food.

• Visited May 2012
Austin, Texas
“Good but not great Italian restaurant”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Wine list is good, service was pleasant, the restaurant was very noisy, and the Gnocchi was way over cooked. Try a different restaurant.

Visited March 2012