“Fantastic”
Review of Betelnut Pejiu Wu - CLOSED

Betelnut Pejiu Wu
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Buchannan Street
Edmonton, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This has to be the best asian restaurant we have ever eaten at. Of course, we had the garlic green beans, dumplings and firecracker shrimp. We also had the wrapped chicken. Everything was so delicious. This was indeed too much food for two, but first time in SF and at Betelnut. Had a few different types of Saki as well, which were beautiful. Service, meal, atmosphere .. everything was perfect and want to go back soon. First place I would go back to in SF.

• Visited July 2012

Rockhampton, Queensland
“Surprisingly kid friendly”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Loved the food here. Initially thought we had made a mistake with the kids when we saw the busy bar area at the front.
We were wrong. Good kids meals.
Overall a really great fusion restaurant.

CPH
“Best asian restaurant”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Best asian restaurant I ever have visited. All dishes were perfect, lovely and surprisingly good. I would love to have the restaurant in my hood... but Denmark is far away.
One of the best memories of SF.
The restaurant is located in a great cool area. Looking forward to return one day.

• Visited October 2011
NJ
“Really Good Food!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Everything we had was great, but the short ribs are the stars of the menu. The fried green beans are also a must. I love the the decor, old school vietnamese.

• Visited September 2012
Ventenac-en-Minervois, France
“I'm a nut for Betelnut”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a must visit for me when ever I am in San Francisco. I haven't been on Union Street in several years and last week I went out of my way to make it happen. As always I was glad I did. We went for lunch and it was as good as it gets for sure. The lettuce cups are magnificent. Fire cracker shrimp, spring rolls, dim sum and there curry was off the hook. Service is great and the value is worth every penny. Eat here! Not there.

• Visited September 2012