“Excellent Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Marina District
Description: Unfortunately they do not have a website. They are located in the Marina district.
Sacramento
“Excellent Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great service great food. Not inexpensive, but worth it. Would definitely eat here again. There were 5 of us and we al enjoyed our food and the experience.

Visited January 2013

Long Barn, California
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

There are certainly many choices for dining in this area, but we had a desire for Italian. What drew us into E'Angelo was the sign out front that their pasta was homemade, and two of the workers taking a break outfront were speaking Italian. We both had daily specials and found the food to be excellent! I would recommend E'Angelo for fine Italian food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Northern California
“DEEEEE-licious Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family had dinner here on a Saturday night during Fleet Week. VERY BUSY time in San Francisco. Our wait was about 20 - 25 minutes as it's a very small, cozy restuarant. The maitre d', did everything he could to get us seated within that time frame, and he did. Very nice, charming gentleman. My dinner was a special for the night - a stuffed rolled pork loin in a delightful tomato sauce, with parsley mashed potatoes. My husband had a short rib dish (also a special for the evening) which he thought was divine. My son had spaghetti and meatballs. He thought he had died and gone to spaghetti and meatball heaven. I tasted his dish, and he was right. It was delish! The sauce was seasoned perfectly, not too salty. Just the right amount of savory and meat within the sauce. My daughter had the fettuccine al formaggi with chicken. There was not a shred of anything left in her plate when she finished. We were all very happy with our meals. The kids had classic tira misu for dessert, and I had the creme brulee. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their dessert, my creme brulee was a bit too burned on top, but the custard part of it was very tasty.

The other heavenly smells coming from the kitchen took us back to Italy. All the meals are prepared to order using fresh ingredients. The restaurant is the Marina district of San Francisco on tree-lined Chestnut street with lots of quaint restaurants and shops. As busy as the place was on a Saturday night on Fleet Week weekend, both the owner, and the maitre e' stopped for just a few moments to talk with us which only solidified this being a new favorite restaurant for us. Parking can be at a scarce, but E'Angelo is worth it when you find that parking space. Suffice it to say, we WILL be back!

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Very raccomended Italian restaurant. If you are lucky, Claudio the chef sing a song for you! Fantastic!

Toronto, Canada
“just as good after 20 years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my favorite Italian place when I was a grad student in the Bay Area a long time ago, and I finally had a change to take my wife there last weekend. The ownership appears to have changed sometime in the last 20 years, but the food, service and atmosphere was just as good. We won't wait another 20 to come back.

• Visited August 2012