“Tapas & Fine Sherries--”

Alegrias Food From Spain
Reserve with OpenTable
Alegrias Food From Spain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #383 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Webster
Transit: 1 block 22 Fillmore 30 Stockton 43 Marina (Masonic)
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a small and pleasantly dim little place with interesting wall decor. The draw is tapas, the Spanish small plates of various tasty concoctions. We started with an order of marinated olives, four different kinds, while waiting for our lamb-stuffed pimiento (pepper) and beef empanadillas, all delicious. We had a glass each of Dominio Heredia, a tasty Spanish red with the meal. We added the chorizo tortilla to share, and finished with a custardy cream Catalana. I had an espresso-like Cortado, and Bride had a thick and creamy Pedro Ximenez sherry. We sat at a window looking out onto Lombard, it was delightful. There was one small glitch with the payment machine, but we finally were able to pay and leave, satisfied and smiling.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Better food then I had when I vacationed in Spain! Staff was friendly, we were on vacation and meeting friends in the Bay Area and they were happy to let us stay while we visited, even brought us over a glass of home made liquor and explained all the photos on the wall that were taken by the owners son who waited on us. Great experience!!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I were delighted to taste authentic Spanish food: gambas al ajillo (prawns in garlic sauce) and Paella.
The service was excellent and the wine too.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went here with a group of friends - very helpful service - to decide what was best to order for the wine. Wonderful small plates and paella. Have been here repeatedly and would return. We were nervous because when we got there it was nearly empty but it was completely full when we left. Clearly a bit hit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I shall start by saying, I am from Spain. Alegrias is definitely authentic Spanish food, not some adaptation or california infused nonsense. Love that this is a family owned business. Their tapas are small in size, but packed with flavor. Their manchego flambeado has got to be one of the best I have ever tried. I'd say we ordered about 80% of the menu and everything was great, the only exception, the rabbit. It wasn't bad, it just didn't wow.Their paellas are equally delicious. One is defintely good enough to share for 2 people. Sangria is a must- careful though, it goes down easily. The restaurant itself is really charming, their walls filled with typical Spanish Tchotchkes and decor.