“Delicious Tapas”

Alegrias Food From Spain
Reserve with OpenTable
Alegrias Food From Spain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #373 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Marina District
Cross street: Webster
Transit: 1 block 22 Fillmore 30 Stockton 43 Marina (Masonic)
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A friend and I dine here from time to time. We keep coming back not only for the friendly staff--who seem to be like old friends by now, inviting us into their home--but because we always have a good meal here. Almost every time we will have the olives, and the Gambas al Ajillo, and the Catalan spinach. Then there are a number of tapas that we may vary--the flamed manchego is a favorite, as is the jamon iberico (which gets pricey, but is absolutely WONDERFUL). I could go on, and mention more tapas and the fine sherry, but I also should make a note of the delicious desserts they serve. My friend is partial to the Don Cesar, an ice cream sundae with a punch; I have a weakness for fruit desserts, or the chocolate mousse. The house salad is a fine start to the meal, as well. The food is not inexpensive; the two of us generally have salads, some wine, and enough tapas to go over a hundred dollars with a dessert or two thrown in, but we always leave stuffed to the gills and happy for the visit, and I can't wait to show more of my family and friends about this special place to dine. And I haven't even tried the paellas, yet.

1  Thank Philip R

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was a wonderful experience. Food was absolutely excellent and service was perfect. And the price was reasonable. I'd go back in a minute.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

A small cute place on Lombard near Buchanan, Marina dist. Very cute restaurant, very nice, sweet owners and waiters. We had a few small plates, wonderful gazpacho, ground lamb in red peppers, Spanish tortilla, empanada with fresh fish-all were delicious, and seemed very authentic. We want to go back soon for the paella.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Sure, there are many Spanish restaurants everywhere and more so where many imigrants from Spain are found, but, not all Spanish restaurants are the same.
On my visit to San Francisco July 2011 I went to three or four that were poor to average with a mixture of dishes added on to suit clientelle. Doing that does not help and may not get repeat customers.
April this year I went back to San Francisco to visit cousins as usual, but this time I had my niece and her husband from Los Angeles as well. They go to San Francisco often enough and know many restaurants. We were booked at Alegrias for dinner on the 15th of April and will go back again on my next visit and have since recommended Alegrias to friends.
Dinner was 100% authentic, good variety of dishes and the price was increadibly reasonable for what they serve and portions you get,
If it is authentic Spanish food you are after, Alegrias at 2018 Lombard Street is the place. It's tops.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We treated ourselves to dinner at Alegrias on Easter Sunday. The restaurant was a little quiet so we had super attentive service. The paella was a highlight. Our daughter has food allergies and the staff ensured we had no hiccups - she had a lamb cutlet dish that was also superb. Husband had leftover cold paella on our road trip the next day!